Interactive Guide indicates No Information

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Interactive Guide indicates No Information

My interactive guide is showing no information.  When calling Rogers, I have been told a spectrum of explanations; there are no known issues of this,  the guide refreshes Tuesday and Thursday so check then, signal problems (I live in a condo building so I guess everyone is experiencing this but they don't know), if you have a DVD player attached to the box - unplug it,  reboot the unit if this happens etc.. 

So I waited for a Tuesday, unplugged/reboot and still No Information.  Since getting the NB3, I have had to reboot the box 20 times - this is in 3 months(spectrum of issues).  What is the point of having this if you cannot see shows to record them.

Anyone else having this issue recently?  Any other suggestions?

Thanks

***Edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Interactive Guide indicates No Information

Myself with a NB3, as well as other on this forum, others i know, and others on other forums... have the NB3.

I havent heard of a specific one having no guide continually.  There are other issues (DD digital drop, HDMI-CEC, etc).. but not guide issues like that.

MOST of the time.. when you get no guide info.. means that it is a signal issue.. its not communicating back to rogers properly to obtain the guide. (this is on ANY box).

LONG by now, from calling in.. they should have dispatched a TECH out to your place.  The can check internal to the condo.. as well as, they should be able to check at the source into the condo (assuming they can gain access to it).
Bar that being fine.. it could just be a faulty box.  When they arange a tech out, make sure to have them, have the tech bring a replacement box with them, just in case.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you so much and I will certainly ask them to bring a replacement.  Is there anyway I can check the signal?  And guidelines what is a strong signal versus weak. 

Thanks again!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hold down exit.. till you see the power light flashing.. then pres the down arrow twice, then #2

This should bring up the diagnostic screen.

I am not at home.. so cant remember WHICH menu its under.. so you my have to flip through them, go down a menu item and hit enter.

Optimaly, You should be looking for a -10db or higher power signal... with a SNR (signal to noise ratio) of around 35db

I'm an Advisor

There should be no problem with the Rogers' tech getting into the cable room in the condo. I've been a condo concierge in several condos. Typically, there are cable cabinets on resident floors, plus the main input is usually down in the garage somewhere. The front desk security/concierge person has keys for contractors like Rogers and they sign them out and back in. Usually, the contractor leaves ID at the desk and picks it up when finished.