cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instant messaging UPDATE !!!!!!!!!!!!

eric
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanx to Rogers wireless for updating the instant messaging platform to the new Rogers IM, Everyone is left drowning in the water with no support application on their mobile phone using IM. I do not want to use the website, there is a reason for an application built in on my phone. I have the Samsung corby plus (just bought 3 weeks ago) .After speaking hours and a week on the phone with tech support, only 5 makes of mobile phones are actually upgradable to the new Rogers IM. They said that the rest may or may never work again. Since my mobile is only 3 weeks old, the answer i got is return the phone and upgrade to a more expensive mobile phone, well my $100 purchase is becoming a $500 one. Thanx alot Rogers for again making people spend even more money on your phones and plans only to make yourself's even more money. Great corporate tactic to increase sales. I give Rogers a big thumbs down, until they fix my mobile phone.

***edited labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Instant messaging UPDATE !!!!!!!!!!!!

SteveD
I've Been Around

The IM App installed on the device dosn't work any more but you can still use the IM on the WAP Browser. Just go to your Web Browser and open your Rogers Home Page (Rogers Mall), look for the Messaging and click on More. You'll find a list of different IM, select yours.

-Rogers Tech

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

ccrashh
I'm an Enthusiast

Sorry, but are you saying that the messaging app built into your phone no longer works?

eric
I Plan to Stick Around

still waiting for an update from Rogers to fix my mobile.....waiting....waiting....

SteveD
I've Been Around

The IM App installed on the device dosn't work any more but you can still use the IM on the WAP Browser. Just go to your Web Browser and open your Rogers Home Page (Rogers Mall), look for the Messaging and click on More. You'll find a list of different IM, select yours.

-Rogers Tech

we know we can do this - but the point is that we shouldn't have to. that is what the app is for - same with the email.

aroyal
I've Been Around
i'm having problems with my X10 messaging...it lags a minute behind and freezes up like crazy since the 2.1 update....they changed the whole messaging app completely and it sucks bigtime....I wish I could go back to the old one...it worked way bett
er
Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 in conversation