Information on Nexus 6

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Information on Nexus 6

Does anyone know which stores have stock?

If people are getting them from the store first, what is the purpose of the reservation system?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Mynista13

You are welcome!!:)
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello rmoue

No Rogers store in Toronto or Scarborough. My buddy in Brampton & North York said the same. The stores that MAY have could be Best Buy or Future Shop. Those do NOT work with Rogers on the reservation system. They get their own shipments. Also Rogers has not seem to received any Nexus 6 devices from what i have heard everywhere else.
I've Been Here Awhile

If Rogers hasn't received any devices, then how does my queue drop from 123 to 60 yesterday?

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I moved from position 86 to 36...nice to see an update......has anyone seen a shipping notification?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I was originally #8 for the Nexus 6 and was changed to "In progress" this past Tuesday Nov 25. To be honest I'm not sure what value the reservation system provides to us as customers. My passport and iPhone 6 plus were marked as "In Progress" for weeks before I actually ended up receiving the device which I purchased elsewhere on account of the delays with Rogers.  

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello rmoue

I heard that from another site, not from Rogers.. Rogers has gotten devices but others are saying they don't see them. Conflicting reports as i see it but I believe that they have gotten them as the statuses have changed.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Td66

IPhone launches are different from other launches. They are controlled via Apple and any amount that comes in is via Apple. The system had issues when the iPhone has launched.

As for the blackberry passport? Rogers and most carriers barely got in stock and what stock they had, went to u guys and Rogers took their time to release it.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi Meowmix,

I appreciate your reply. 

My question is to Rogers and why they put the status as "In Progress" when they clearly don't have the devices on-hand. I suspect it is to try and minimize the churn. I'm disappointmented in the lack of communications from Rogers and I know others share the same opinion.

I think you do a great job of monitoring the forums and trying to come to the defence of Rogers.

Thanks,

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I was #41 on the reservation system. My status got changed to "in progress" on the 25th.

I called the destination store this afternoon to see if the phone happened to have arrived and the staff hadn't got around to calling me yet (long story, happened before). I was told that the status is switched to "in progress" when the phones are shipped from wherever to "Head Office in Mitchell". (The store I had the phone shipped to is a Rogers Authorized dealer called McNain Communications whose head office is in Mitchell, ON.

I was told that once the phone reaches head office, it will be shipped to the retail store. I couldn't get any definitive timing on that process from the person on the phone. 

I hope this info helps someone. I've found this forum helpful in the past and wanted to contribute.