cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incredibly slow internet speeds

lucretrius3
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm getting around 2 Mbps down at just south of Eglinton and Allen Rd at peak times.  This seems to be the case every evening now.

***edited labels***

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Incredibly slow internet speeds

fallex
I've Been Around

I like Rogers for a lot of things, but their Internet is plain terrible.  For one, cable means you share the connection with everyone on the block which means peak times your internet suffers.  Secondly, Rogers has been known to slow speeds purposely depending on the type of traffic your using.  It's called traffic shaping.  They do this, to free up additional bandwidth so that specific types of traffic don't clog the system further ie. Bittorrent.

Bell seems to offer a superior internet service in my opinion.  And for the measly $5 Rogers gives you for bundling the service with the rest, it just isn't worth it.  I made the switch to Bell fibe internet and couldn't be happier.

lucretrius3
I Plan to Stick Around

Tested the speed today, Sept 15/2011 at 9:25 p.m.  It's 2.06 Mbps down.  Does Rogers have a plan to fix this?

QGaoCom
I've Been Here Awhile

me too. I am living in Waterloo. 1Mbps for couple of days.

Since Thursday September 15/11 I've been experiencing slow speed. Speedtest.net is crawling. Any ideas what happened? Im in Waterloo and have Roger's cable thru Teksavvy.

bobabcef
I've Been Here Awhile
I have been having the same issue. I'm in Waterloo. It's been this way for a couple weeks.

I'm pretty sure it must be something to do with network congestion. The timing lines up nicely with all the students coming back for start of term, and I actually get full speed on weekday mornings.

I hope if enough people in our area call Rogers to complain they'll actually do something about it.

kibosh
I Plan to Stick Around

I am also experiencing congestion during nightly peak times.  I am only getting aound 17000 mbps on extreme plus.  I am on the Ajax POI.

I just switched back to Rogers from Teksavvy because the congestion there was even worse!

We Want Your Opinion
Would you be interested in becoming a Community Testing Lab member?
Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 in conversation