cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming Caller ID Name display does NOT work when phone on LTE

hopetindall
I Plan to Stick Around

I reported an issue where incoming caller id would display number but no name on wireless device. (Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE).

When I put my wife's SIM in the phone - it works fine - she receives the name.

They double check my account provisioning (force a refresh on the provisioning) - tell me that name display is present on my account as part of the value pack.

Network support called me back today to tell me this is an LTE limitation.

If the phone is connected via LTE - it will not support receiving incoming name only number.

Sure enough - if I force the phone off LTE (restricting to GSM/HSPA) - it works fine.

So ticket closed for now.

Hope this gets fixed in the network at some point.

PHT

******* Edit labels ********

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Incoming Caller ID Name display does NOT work when phone on LTE

shaggyskunk
I'm a Trusted Contributor
I don't know who Steve Punter is. I have heard of people not being able to receive calls in LTE areas.. but I can tell you that I have no issues with call display... Name & Number while my phone is connected to LTE. You can even unselect packet data and it has no affect on the ability to make phone calls.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

shaggyskunk
Nonsense! The phone calls have nothing to do with Data. Call back and ask to speak to someone else. Could you imagine how many people would be complaining IF this were true!!
The most probable cause is an issue with your Sim. Go exchange it.

hopetindall
I Plan to Stick Around

Had Steve Punter test too, (using his phone and his sim on LTE) - he experienced same symptoms as I do.

shaggyskunk
I don't know who Steve Punter is. I have heard of people not being able to receive calls in LTE areas.. but I can tell you that I have no issues with call display... Name & Number while my phone is connected to LTE. You can even unselect packet data and it has no affect on the ability to make phone calls.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
On my HTC Raider while my friend had his sim-card in it & on LTE his caller Id & name display worked fine. LTE is just a network for internet. It has NOTHING to do with the internet. This is something to do with either the phone or the plan you your friend picked.

WiseD
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

@Meowmix wrote:
On my HTC Raider while my friend had his sim-card in it & on LTE his caller Id & name display worked fine.

Can't say I've much to add to this except that comparing your HTC Raider to the OP Samsung GS2 is not a valid point to say that it should work. Could be a device specific issue with the GS2 on LTE (Although this is not an admission that it is).

mfischtein
I've Been Here Awhile

EXACT same issue here. Same device. Called Customer Service. No clue. Sent me to Tech Support. No Clue. A level 2 Tech opened a ticket for issue. They said someone will call me back within 72 hours. 😞

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

@Wise D. I never compared it to his phone :/...  I simply said my HTC Raider on LTE works fine. I also have the S2 LTE & have the same issue on it.  IF you read some more it also says that its the phone or the plan. LTE has had a few issues it self. Read more about it on other posts.. If you read his post & title name you will see the call display does not work on the LTE network in which is not the phone its LTE it self.

mfischtein
I've Been Here Awhile

Rogers level 2 tech support was supposed to call me back within 72 hours. No one called...dissapointing.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
They barely call anyone back. The only time i have heard them call back a costumer is when the costumer calls back & makes complaints how they never called them back.

This is why i never bother talking to level 2 tech. They never help & they never actually call you back within the time frame they give you or never call you period. I understand they have lots of calls & looking into your account but do not give a time frame if you will never meet it. It only makes the costumer more mad & wanting to leave the company.

shaggyskunk
I can only speak for myself, but to reiterate call display works all the time on my sgh-i727R, with an LTE plan & Sim.
Have you tried going to a rogers store, or even a Bestbuy and speak to someone from the Geek Squad?
Topic Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 in conversation