In a very frustrating situation with Rogers.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

In a very frustrating situation with Rogers.

I'm sorry in advance as this will probably turn into a rant.

So a few weeks ago, the screen randomly died on my HTC EVO 3D.  Just right out of the blue after a full day of average use and routine, the screen developed what I think are dead spots.  There are instances of this happening with this phone, so that along with a few other issues- I sent the phone in for warrenty approved repair (amazing.. I know).

Now, the rogers location I took my phone into had no loaner phones to offer me.  My first thought was "what the **bleep**?" as I called the day before and they said they had some.  This rep said to go to a larger store as they carry more phones.  

So I did.  The next location, slightly larger than the last, heard my plight and said "all we have are a few blackberries and one other phone.  But the Blackberries are for Blackberry users only so you can only use this one."  She then hands me a beaten up Samsung flip phone from who-knows- what- year and says this is all they offer for loaner and I would need a $50 deposit.

I promptly walked out.

So here are my problems:

1.)  Rogers between three locations I visited, only one store offered me a phone and it was run down to **bleep**

2.)  I am currently paying to use this... not this thing (not actual phone but close enough)

3.)  Why do I need to put a $50 deposit on my account again when I already have a $200 deposit on my account when I bought the **bleep** phone in the first place.  I get they're for two completely different things but in all honestly it's still my money that they're olding onto and earning interest off of.

So I did the next best thing I could do, I have been looking around for a phone to borrow from a friend.  In the meantime, I have been paying for a phone that I don't have..

My next option was to ask a client service rep (phone reps.. not sales reps) to see if I could "freeze" my contract for the month or until i got my phone back as the loaner option was looking really poor.  After five minutes of waiting she explained that she couldn't (without logic) so all she could do is remove features from my contract to lower my month fees in the meantime.  Frustrated, i obliged.  She recommended a few things and I just told her to remove what I could do reduce the monthly fee as low as possible.  Later that day I get an email from Rogers confirming the changes to my contract services and apparently she only removed $12 of services and a bunch of "no- charge" services (ie: my monthly data).  The entire effort made little to no change in my overall bill.  what the **bleep** am I supposed to do now?

I am currently waiting/ hoping that I will be able to borrow a phone from someone at work in the meantime right now, so that may put my mind to ease but this has really exposed a lot of customer- service holes within Rogers.  

Any suggestions or recommendations on my next course of action? has anyone been through something similar?

******* Edit labels ********

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: In a very frustrating situation with Rogers.

Man that stinks! I can't tell you what to do about the loaner phone issues... But I know that you can go to myrogers & suspend your service, until you get your phone back. The rogers CSR should have been able to do that for you!

I'm a Trusted Contributor

You could have had Rogers send you a new phone for $35 and then sent in your broken one. Takes about a day or two to get it but once you send in the broken phone, there's nothing left to do.

I Plan to Stick Around

LOL NOOB GOT PWNT. Besides that. That sux dude. You have to explore your options. I do wish you the best of luck. I say ask for a contract upgrade and get a iPhone4s. Goodluck.

I Plan to Stick Around

luckily I never had problems with my phones but I found your story very interesting because it's not the first time I hear that situation.

I take note of your experience in case it happens to me.

I have an iPhone friend that told me that he gets better support from an apple store...

As an Android users with Rogers, what are our options to secure our investment in a 3 year contract?

I Plan to Stick Around

I'm Here A Lot

Is that really an option from dealers?  I have never heard of any company saying "replace your phone for $35 and we'll give you a new one".

Between three sales reps and a CSR, why did no one mention this service if it exists?  I would have jumped on that in a heart beat.

I've Been Here Awhile

I had a similiar problem, twice. I bought my Xperia Arc almost a year ago and the wifi on it kept disconnecting for some reason(later, the update to 2.4 that was released by Rogers like 8months after the international release finally came out which fixed the issue). The rogers store infront of my house which is now shut down wrote down my information on their paper saying they would contact me when they get a loaner phone. Months went by and no call from them.

Today, I went to rogers store because for some reason my phone's vibration stopped working. I did a hard reset 3 times and I talked to a Rogers rep online and he told me to take my phone to a rogers store for repair. I went their today and after a talk with their employee, he took my info and everything and went to the back and came out and said "we dont have any loaner phones right now". Are you kidding me??? My 1 year warranty ends late this month and if its not sent for repair before that then Im gonna deal with the managers....

Rogers service is horrible, everyone I know is switching from Rogers to other companies because these guys charge you for every single thing and suck you dry. Furthermore, the customer service is horrible...

I Plan to Stick Around

It's the second time I bought a cell phone that doesn't last the 3 years contract. Smiley Sad

The cellular service provider won't replace the phone with something similar or the same model.

They'll give a piece of **bleep** that nobody wants... Smiley Mad

But they will propose to pay the penalty to get a new phone with them + administration fees + new 3 year contract.

Total amount you'll pay is almost equal to the price of a brand new phone from last year on ebay.

Another option is to switch to another company that will give you the potential new client treatement. That means service rebates, free options, free or phone rebates.

My choice : Buy a new phone full price, get a 2 year or more warranty that will allow you to get a new phone at the same price you paid initially and no more contract.

I've Been Around

I am currently dealing with this issue as well. I have had my phone since October 2010. I called saying it hasnt worked properly since I got it, and that I would like to upgrade to an iPhone. They told me I would have to pay $180 for an early upgrade fee, plus the $35 activation fee and then the price of the phone on top of that. I was looking at paying over $350 just for ONE NEW PHONE! I then said that I wanted the upgrade fee waived, as I know it can be done and has been done with someone I know before. They basically told me I was full of it, and that under no circumstance do they waive any fees. I then got fed up and told them I would be taking my services elsewhere, knowing that when you say this, they try and do everything to keep you, especially since I have every service of theirs. They told me to go ahead and do it. I'm sorry but what kind of customer service is this?!! I was even speaking to the manager, and they didn't seem to care about my problems, nor want to try and fix them. I am completely fed up, and I would cancel my services and go elsewhere, but its going to cost me more money to get out of the contract!!!! 

How many times do you have to call before something ACTUALLY gets done? It's very tiring!