In Mexico with an iPhone 4s

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

In Mexico with an iPhone 4s

I have turned off all data (I think) and am using only wifi (again.....I think). Should the local service provider still be showing in the status bar? Terrified I am going to end up with some crazy bill!!! 😞

***Edited Labels.***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: In Mexico with an iPhone 4s

Hi @Amandajmorris, Welcome to Rogers Community Forum!

In order to make sure the data is off, please navigate to Settings> Cellular > Cellular Data "Off" and Data Roaming "Off". The steps are true for iOS 8.x

I believe once you are out of the Wi-Fi Range the phone will display the local service provider.

Hello, Community members and REs – any other ideas?

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted

Hi @Amandajmorris, Welcome to Rogers Community Forum!

In order to make sure the data is off, please navigate to Settings> Cellular > Cellular Data "Off" and Data Roaming "Off". The steps are true for iOS 8.x

I believe once you are out of the Wi-Fi Range the phone will display the local service provider.

Hello, Community members and REs – any other ideas?

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Amandajmorris:

I also have an iPhone 4S and am on iOS 8.1.3. I use Wi-Fi exclusively unless I have it with me where there's no Wi-Fi. Make sure Cellular is off and you'll be OK. The description under Cellular says "Turn off cellular data to restrict all data to Wi-Fi" which is all you need to know. Turning Cellular off also automatically disables Roaming. On Wi-Fi, I still see Rogers in the upper left corner, along with its signal strength.