Important notice about the Rogers Anyplace TV Home Edition app = Feature going away

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Important notice about the Rogers Anyplace TV Home Edition app = Feature going away

If the future is "the cloud" then they have to do a much better job than at present in making complete series available.

All to often there are only a few episodes 'on demand'.   We watch a lot of series on a binge basis  over a few days.  Netflix does a better job of this.

And its really just not acceptable to say "wait 2 or 3 years" for Rogers cloud.

If I can control my lights from my phone, get access to my computers on my phone, why on earth is the PVR so complicated.  Its just a computer.  (Yes, I know the whole Comcast mess is being blamed, but Bell and others have solved this.   I guess they have better focus on how people use this stuff).

I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Important notice about the Rogers Anyplace TV Home Edition app = Feature going away

The future is here now with Ignite TV. But it's expensive. $150 installation fee and starting at around $250 a month, ifI recall. Way out of my league. When my grandfathered VIP package goes over $100 I'm seriously considering bailing from cable. There are a lot of cheaper options out there.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I've Been Here Awhile

Having just moved from Bell I can't see either company using customer support as a differentiator to attract customers, they are both similarly poor. In an age where the end customer is becoming more important to the success of any organization, it's concerning that Canadian companies (Air Canada is another example) don't either recognize this or choose to act on it. If these companies are to continue to grow on a bigger Worldwide stage they need to become a lot more in tune with the needs of their customers.  

I Plan to Stick Around

Actually, they don't - as long as it's a closed or protected "marketplace". 

One hears pretty dire things about some of the US tech utilities. AT&T etc.   If regulation is not the barrier to entry then startup capital is.

I Plan to Stick Around

I just changed from Bell Fibe back to Rogers after my 3 year bell discounts expires.

I’m away from home this weekend and just saw a commercial for a show that reminded me I need to scheduled that on my pvr.

Well, here I am an hour later (after making Google searches) realizing that I can’t do that with Rogers. I still have my Fibeapp and this task would have been a 30 second task. Now I’ll miss one episode by the time I’m home to use my remote to do this task! This is going to be a tough habit for me to break, as I have always programmed my bell pvr with my phone.

I can’t believe Rogers would remove this feature in 2018!

I might just call the phone number bell sent me to win me back! Rogers seems ancient in comparison.
I Plan to Stick Around

It has been a few months now and I am still annoyed about this.

I now have to wait until I am near a television, go to the Search function, painfully search the letters of the title, then wait...….until I get a notice saying "Not communicating, try again later".  I try again the next day and the next day and it still doesn't work. We have had to go to the guide to program anything. 

I think Rogers is doing this deliberately to force people into paying much more for Ignite - which still doesn't have a phone app for programming PVR.  One rep actually told me it did, but the next one said "no". 

Ignite would do nothing for me. I just want back what I once had - the ability to program from my iPhone. 

I've Been Here Awhile

Set pvr recordings remotely

Earlier on this year Rogers removed useful functionality (but never dropped their prices!) available via a web page or an app to set up recordings on your pvr. It was also a better UI for maintaining what was on the drive. Are we ever going to get that back? FWICT the Bell offering does support that functionality. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@chank : There are rumours that this will return, especially for Ignite, however, it's unlikely that you'll get any official advance notice and it's likely that this will have to wait until the patent issue discussed in this and other threads is resolved.

We realize that Bell (and some other providers) have this feature, however, they may not be covered under the patent the same way that the Comcast functionality utilized by Rogers is.  We are all disappointed in losing this very valuable functionality. I travel many times a year and either miss programmes or need to find a workaround to programme the PVR before leaving often with a series recording, sometimes with extended starts or finishes..

I Plan to Stick Around

I have thought all along that somehow Rogers would bring this feature back eventually - but that they will only give it to Ignite subscribers.  Another way to take away what you have and charge you more to get it back. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Anyplace TV

Can I no longer remotely program my rogers box to record?  If not - why not?  I can't seem to find the link to remotely program.  Thanks