Important notice about the Rogers Anyplace TV Home Edition app = Feature going away

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Re: Important notice about the Rogers Anyplace TV Home Edition app = Feature going away

I was watching the Spain vs Portugal world cup game at work, and decided to put it to record at home. My coworker has Bell fibe, and quickly did it on his app. I mentioned that Rogers had something similar. Went to show him and put the game to record only to see that they had switched the app and removed the ability to set shows to record from the app. So... that was embarrassing. And more importantly,  I will have to wait to for the highlights on TSN on Demand.  Have been with Rogers for over 10 years, despite all the issues, but this change just as the world cup is starting.......this may be it. so disappointed.

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Important notice about the Rogers Anyplace TV Home Edition app = Feature going away

@mistahskata wrote:

I was watching the Spain vs Portugal world cup game at work, and decided to put it to record at home. My coworker has Bell fibe, and quickly did it on his app. I mentioned that Rogers had something similar. Went to show him and put the game to record only to see that they had switched the app and removed the ability to set shows to record from the app. So... that was embarrassing. And more importantly,  I will have to wait to for the highlights on TSN on Demand.  Have been with Rogers for over 10 years, despite all the issues, but this change just as the world cup is starting.......this may be it. so disappointed.

Yep, that app stopped working last week.  No fear, Rogers says you'll still be able to program your PVR by sitting in front of the TV and using the remote!  </sarcasm>

I have no idea why Rogers shut down such a useful feature.  First they replace the web browser with a new & improved, but useless new one and then shut down the smart phone/tablet app.  Yep, real progress.  I can only assume they're trying to get customers to take their business elsewhere.  They're certainly doing little to keep us.

I Plan to Stick Around

It always comes down to money. 

We have only been without this feature for a couple of weeks, but every day I resent Rogers when I have to go downstairs and turn on the tv to see if my shows have taped. My PVR's are not allowing me to tape a series I watch every day, so I have to program each show as a single episode. Having to constantly go to a tv and turn it on to check is a real pain. Back to the dark ages!

I've Been Here Awhile

I totally agree with this post. I used the remote record capability extensively. This is just one more step toward pushing me away from Rogers. They seem to put customer service last far too consistently.
I Plan to Stick Around

I don't think I cared much about being able to set a recording on the old app ( which I ran on an Ipad) It was useful but not important.    All I used the old app for was to use the guide and sometimes, to set a recording...just save going down to the basement and turning on the TV.

Anyway I downloaded the new app onto the Ipad and tried it.     Really weird. I started moving through the guide and as I got to 247 Discovery Science. It wasn't there!     Skipped from 245 to 248.    I continued up to 591 Documentary  and that wasn't there either.    I put in a review on the  App store and have ignored it since.  I have it installed so that when I check the App store every couple of weeks I'll see when it has a new version and try it.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@timlocke wrote:

...I started moving through the guide and as I got to 247 Discovery Science. It wasn't there!     Skipped from 245 to 248.    I continued up to 591 Documentary  and that wasn't there either.    

Yep, as reported in the link below:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/Anyplace-TV-App/m-p/423568#M46666

Unfortunately, I did use Home Edition almost daily for searches,  for programming my PVR and checking scheduled recordings.  The Anyplace TV app is useless for me due to the missing channels and due to no Manage PVR.

I guess if you want to watch TV on a 4-10" screen, it's great, but I have a home theatre with large TV and surround sound and it's useless for that.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

which new app specifically?

I have the new Ignite TV... and am using the new ignite app.

The channels are different, as they have done a re-alignment for the new service.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

This thread is about the Home Edition app, which you can no longer use (as of a few weeks ago).  I, and the previous poster, were talking about the Anyplace TV app, for use with Navigatr (and SARA) boxes, which, unfortunately, is pretty useless for for scheduling due to the missing channels and due to no "manage PVR" capability. Very few many people have Ignite yet and that would be a different story and probably the topic of a different thread.

Anyplace TV seems to be fine for streaming, but then only to devices or computers as it doesn't allow for casting.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Right.
Sorry, was directed at @timlocke as he said he downloaded the new app..

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

By "new app", @timlocke probably meant Anyplace TV (which is missing the channels) since he had previously been using Home Edition.  Since this is getting a bit confusing, it would be nice if people use the actual name of the app, instead of "old" or "new" or "very new".  Same holds for SARA, RTN, Navigatr, Ignite...