Important notice about the Rogers Anyplace TV Home Edition app = Feature going away

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Important notice about the Rogers Anyplace TV Home Edition app = Feature going away

I think I am going to step away from this discussion for now.

This is the third time I have been challenging Rogers management on their position of not putting accommodations into their designs as a key thought in their deliverables.  First it was fonts on Navigatr, followed by CC integrated in the product, the issue of refusal to provide written quotes to us in advance, and now this one.

It shows to me a disregard for putting accommodation as a key measurable of a successful implementation, and when I hear discussions about the majority not being impacted, when they have been told that some of those impacted the most significantly are those with disabilities.  I have said my point, I have spoken to management, and I have continued to escalate when I am up to it.

I do hope they make it a priority to bringing it onto the new platform of anyplace tv, not soon, but as an immediate priority.

I was told back when the feature was lost that it was an active decision at that point to emphasize on the new product and to drop their work and support on the legacy applications.  As far as I am aware, XFinity, Shaw, and Cox with Comcast have all maintained their legacy apps.  Rogers is alone in this decision and it seems like it is a deliberate decision.

Time to step away.

Bruce

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Important notice about the Rogers Anyplace TV Home Edition app = Feature going away

@JKnott wrote:

One thing that annoys me about the PVR is that it can be programmed only a week out.  Back when we were using VCRs, 2 weeks was normal and some models would go 4 weeks.  This makes a big difference for those who travel.  Remote programming is important for this, if no other reason.

Ah, the "Good Old Days"!  This is the 21st century and nothing is permanent anymore. Remember when series ran almost a whole year, with just a short hiatus of repeats in the summer? Now they last a couple of months and return 6 months or a year later at a different time or even channel. When I schedule recordings using the search function on my SA8300HD (or the soon-to-be-gone app) and they're more than 6 days out, I get manual recordings with no description. Only the Nextbox will do a whole week ahead. And then I have to check sporting events like auto racing the day before in case they've been moved to a different channel.

LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

And this all reinforces the need for additional information to be portrayed in the Rogers PVR series scheduling screen.  Currently if you have no scheduled recordings for a given series in the upcoming week, you cannot see the day of the week, time, or channel of a given series set up.  If you have a recording scheduled in the upcoming week, you can determine the day of the week and time, but not the channel (without finding a little red dot somewhere in the guide).  It will be important for enhancing the advance look ahead for recording (guide view to extend to the next month) and for the series recording information screen to let you know the fundamental details of the recording - series, day of the week, time, channel (as well as the existing new/all, start on time/end on time, etc).

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Waiting on hold since my app is being shut pod and other customer was given 100 dollar credit to start I have asked for 10 percent off cable. Waiting now on hold to management office. Case number in hand. The app was really useful for me and will be missed and I consider no matter what there reasoning is that they reduced my service.
Highlighted
I'm a Regular

Is this app still available to download and/or use?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

As of today, app on iPad (iOS 10) is still working!  Don't know about download.  

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

as of this morning its shut down

they better get something new soon  im disabled and now have no way to use my PVR

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Yep. Mine was working last night. Gone today.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Yup, on my Android phone and tablet I get the message. Accepting launches my browser to get the web app to see the guide and watch some live TV, but the Recordings tab is now gone with no promise of "Coming Soon".  I imagine with Rogers now concentrating on rolling out the new Ignite X1 IPTV service you should not hold your breath waiting for remote PVR management to be brought back.

LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Wow! I come back from several weeks away, try to remotely set recording for a Jays game and no-go. This app is one that I fret about as there is no alternative if you're out of the house and now it's pulled, apparently arbitrarily, and with no feasible replacement option. That really stinks Rogers! I enjoy the quality of my services but this app is an integral part using those services with today's lifestyle. I agree with so many others - this is a deal breaker.