Important notice about the Rogers Anyplace TV Home Edition app = Feature going away

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: Important notice about the Rogers Anyplace TV Home Edition app = Feature going away

I had hoped that Joe Natale would turn Rogers around with his "obsession" about customer service. It looks more like Rogers has turned Joe Natale around and either he is not in the loop or he misled customers and the public when he was hired. The ship is steering the captain!

Removing functionality (PVR programming) should never have been discussed when revising the Anyplace TV phone app. It took a long time to get it right and now it's working they're scrapping it. This likely being done by the same people that cannot get the 'Smart' Monitoring app to remember a logged-in user and needlessly forces users to log in.

I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Important notice about the Rogers Anyplace TV Home Edition app = Feature going away

Way to go Rogers!! When are you planning to take away the remote controllers for your digital boxes too?? Surely soon we can expect an increase in the cost of Rogers Cable services since you are putting so much effort into making your customer's life so much easier! So disappointing!

I've Been Around

The only Rogers App that we really used. So convenient to be able to log into PVR when you are on the road to record something because you are running late or just heard about the show. And the interface via the remote to search and schedule recordings is one of the worst. This is a real disappointment. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

As a physically disabled person I rely on the manage pvr feature to program my pvr, since I am unable to use the remote.

This feature is very important and must be kept.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hey guys!

I wouldn't be surprised if Rogers doesn't even respond to this or even care. It seems like Rogers is taking away things but charging us more and more for everything else.

I have a huge setup with my home theatre and use my Harmony Elite remove however when not at home I control the PVR with the app. Now that the app is being removed, it seems like we won't be able to do this.

One reason I am thinking is that they want to push the Rogers Ignite TV ( IPTV) however many will not switch to that and they are cutting alot from customers which wants to keep their old set up and boxes.

This is really disgusting from Rogers. However I wasn't surprised. They usually do this and then don't care.

My family is considering of leaving Rogers and switching if things keep being removed.
I Plan to Stick Around

This is breathtakingly incompetent.  Their email totally missed the point that there is now no way to control the PVR when one is not at home or in a different part of the house.   (Pros and cons of user interface etc are to some extent subjective).

Id like to be sure we know the real reason for this, from authoritative source as opposed to rumour.

What is the best way to make our feelings known to Rogers management (short of going to Bell)?

This is a distinct reduction in service, for which I expect a reduction in fees.

Are there any 'work arounds' or alternatives (while staying with Rogers) ? 

I Plan to Stick Around

Isnt Ignite an internet product.  This is TV.  Dont see the relevance.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @RichardF

Yes however this is their new name for their IPTV cable services. . So Rogers Ignite TV is named for their IPTV Services that they will be launching soon. ( Its in employee testing at the moment). If you do not know what IPTV is check out IPTV on Google or check Comcast in the states which has it.
I Plan to Stick Around

Is this what Bell has?  So to get it when the APTVHE is withdrawn and Rogers has no alternatgive we just switch to Bell?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @RichardF

Bell has Bell Fibe TV which is IPTV only in Ontario and Quebec. The results are mixed however they do have the IPTV and Fibe out.

You can make the switch however I would just suggest checking out everything first.