Ignite verses Rocket

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sleepdaycamp8
I've Been Here Awhile

Ignite verses Rocket

Hello,

I am currently being offered a bundle package with Internet and Cable. 

Right now my internet is Ignite 500 download and 20 upload, they want to switch me to Rocket 150 download and 15 upload.  I am being told I am getting better internet, is this true? I am trying to understand this as I use internet for work. 

Thanks

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Ignite verses Rocket

@sleepdaycamp8 it all depends on whats best for you financially and for the services that you want.  I don't think that your under any obligation to take the offer that Rogers has made.  If you only want the 500/20 internet, its currently listed at $74.99 in Ontario.  Looking at the bundles, which are indicated for new customers (what about existing customers?), there isn't a bundle with the 500/20, which is probably why you were offered a bundle with 150/15.  Its either the gig service or 150/15 that's bundled.  So, it all depends on how much you value the 500/20 service, in terms of how you use it and whether or not it fits your internet requirements.   

View solution in original post

All Replies
Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@sleepdaycamp8, is that offer being made by Rogers directly or by a third party reseller?  The Ignite plans are the current plans and within that plan scheme are the 500/20 and 150/15 Ignite plans.  Maybe whom ever is trying to convince you that the slower data rate 150/15 plan is better, is based on the combined cost that you might be currently paying, if you have more than one service, versus the bundled cost with the 150/15 plan and cable tv.  If you already have cable tv service, be very careful with switching as the new cable channel lineup may not cover what you already have, and you would then have to add additional tv channels or groups.  

In terms of the internet service itself, as both 500/20 and 150/15 plans are unlimited plans, you would keep the same modem.  There wouldn't be any difference in the service itself except for the fact that the modem would be provisioned to run at the lower 150 Mb/s down, 15 Mb/s up data rates.  Only question is whether or not that would have any impact on your work?  Only you would be able to answer that question. 

sleepdaycamp8
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi @Datalink this is an offer from Rogers themself.

I don't have cable right now.
All I have is internet 500/20 for $87.09 a month ... they offering me the internet at 150/15, popular cable package and home phone (which I don't use) for $107 before tax.
Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@sleepdaycamp8 it all depends on whats best for you financially and for the services that you want.  I don't think that your under any obligation to take the offer that Rogers has made.  If you only want the 500/20 internet, its currently listed at $74.99 in Ontario.  Looking at the bundles, which are indicated for new customers (what about existing customers?), there isn't a bundle with the 500/20, which is probably why you were offered a bundle with 150/15.  Its either the gig service or 150/15 that's bundled.  So, it all depends on how much you value the 500/20 service, in terms of how you use it and whether or not it fits your internet requirements.   

View solution in original post