cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite TV cuts out, TV shows a coloured screen

Cmcp2018
I've Been Here Awhile

We just got Rogers Ignite last week. Yesterday and today, the box in our living room has occasionally cut out completely and the tv has displayed a bright green colour. It takes a while for this to go away. According to the TV, we have a strong internet connection.  Any ideas?

*Added Labels*

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Ignite TV cuts out, TV shows a coloured screen

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

A weird colour like this is almost always a poor HDMI connection. Try unplugging and replugging the HDMI cable a few times at both ends, or perhaps trying a different HDMI cable.  What HDMI cable are you using? How long is it?  Any other details regarding the cable?  

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

A weird colour like this is almost always a poor HDMI connection. Try unplugging and replugging the HDMI cable a few times at both ends, or perhaps trying a different HDMI cable.  What HDMI cable are you using? How long is it?  Any other details regarding the cable?  

RogersMoin

Hello, @Cmcp2018.

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 🙂

Have you tried reseating the HDMI cable as suggested by @57? Hopefully, the issue has resolved. 

Please keep us apprised!

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Cmcp2018
I've Been Here Awhile
We replaced the HDMI cable with a new one yesterday and so far, so good! Thanks for your help.

sjbcss
I've Been Around

Why does a green screen and no sound often prevail after auto. update ???

Hi @sjbcss,

Thanks for posting your query in our Rogers Community Forums! 

It appears that one of our users was able to correct this same issue by swapping out their HDMI cable as per a suggestion by our Resident Expert @57.

I would suggest checking your HDMI cable connection first to make sure it is secure/tight. If the issue persists, try swapping it out for a new HDMI cable and monitor it. 

Please let us know if this resolves your issue! 

Kind regards,

RogersLaura

I have changed cables, re-seated cables, changed boxes, all to no avail. The daily updating process produces the green screen/no sound result, periodically, and only another update on any other given day, will fix the issue.

Hello, @jacoblucas

I know how difficult it must be to try to enjoy your TV service when you keep getting this green screen issue. Please answer the questions below so we can better assist you.

• Can you let us know what type of TV you are using?
  • Does this only happen on one TV or multiple TV's?

We look forward to your response!

RogersTony

travpro
I've Been Around

I have a hdmi splitter and only had to unplug that to get it off the 'green' screen.   

Can someone explain to me how to access the setting of my box if I have a green screen?

Lurker_Returns
I Plan to Stick Around
If the screen is green, it's most likely not a settings issue.

Try unplugging and replugging your HDMI cable. If that doesn't work, try another cable.

Roku tv not even 6 months old, had no issues prior to ignite, this is our second tv, our other tv no issues LG.
Community Testing Lab

We’ve got an amazing opportunity to test our upcoming Gateway!

Click here to find out more!

Topic Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 11 in conversation