cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite TV Micro Disconnects

bhoward57
I Plan to Stick Around

I have been getting micro disconnects many times a day (3 to 10). This cuts everything for about 30~60 seconds and then reconnects automatically. Very annoying especially if we are on the phone. Ignite TV was installed 2 weeks 2 days ago. We already have had 2 tech visits, a replaced modem/router, numerous calls to help desk and another "senior" tech scheduled for the 24th of Oct (I think the support people meant to make it for the 17th). 

Lucky I was working from home and had my phones browser open so that I can take screenshots of the events. The first is a before …. a couple of days before.

BeforeDisconnect.png

During the disconnect, a lot of the IP addresses are missing. The WAN IP address is still there but disappears just before it reconnects to the network

DuringDisconnect.png

After it reconnects everything looks good again.

AfterDisconnect.png

After every events, the firewall log has one entry as follows and it is removed during the next disconnect

EventLogAfterConnect.png

This seems to be a IPv6 problem??? Here or at Rogers??? Any help would be appreciated!

*** Edited Labels ***

41 REPLIES 41

Re: Ignite TV Micro Disconnects

More than likely is a wireless issue.

When they installed stuff, did they just install the new modem or anything else?

Likely the box is not getting a good enough signal from where the modem is.

Gardzfam
I've Been Here Awhile
Modem and 3 tv boxes. I’m going to test my other 2 boxes to see if it’s specific to one. Internet itself seems to be fine with all other wifi devices (ps4s, phones, iMac), no noticeable disconnects or slow downs

So glad you got it fixed, I had a Technician come out and he tested all the lines, replaced connectors and did tests and all came out with a big thumbs up.  Unfortunately it did not fix my internet dropping issue.  He just said, "It is a new product, and it will have growing pains."   

mikebell
I've Been Here Awhile
I have the same problem. 7 or 8 service calls and disconnects continue. Latest story I got is that it is a known issue that they are working on. Also they are working on the known issue for Home Phone with Ignite service where you voicemail indicator on your phone is always on when you don't have voicemail. Not sure this was the best move.

seadooxp30
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@mikebell wrote:
I have the same problem. 7 or 8 service calls and disconnects continue. Latest story I got is that it is a known issue that they are working on. Also they are working on the known issue for Home Phone with Ignite service where you voicemail indicator on your phone is always on when you don't have voicemail. Not sure this was the best move.

At least they are admitting that there is issue!

They told me there is new firmware for modem soon and still no fix for vm indicator...

My guess is that the phone part.. its not presenting the proper signal, that the phone picks up to tell that there is a VM.
(generally how most of those phones work).  
I think all the ignite home phone includes the other home phone services. 
I have mine set up when a VM to email me a notification/copy.

Maybe for any checking / watching this thread... post WHICH version of the modem you have.   The Arris or the Technicolor.
Maybe we can narrow down if this is happening only on one model/firmware and not the other.

mikebell
I've Been Here Awhile

I have had two of the Arris modems and currently have the Technicolor one. Not sure if I had it on the Arris ones or not. I also installed Eero mesh wifi at Rogers suggestion but still get the disconnects using that. The wifi on the Rogers modem is disabled when you use that.

mikebell
I've Been Here Awhile
That should say not sure if I had the phone VM issue on both modems. Definitely have had the disconnect issue on both Rogers modems and also with mesh wifi installed.

Yeah, that to me says something else... like its disconnecting from the local CMTS or something?

Mine definitely does not have the issue.. 

archie777
I've Been Here Awhile
After phone calls to tech support, rebooting on my own and tech coming to my home still having static and lagging with with most features.
Unpredictable Ignite.

seadooxp30

@archie777 wrote:
After phone calls to tech support, rebooting on my own and tech coming to my home still having static and lagging with with most features.
Unpredictable Ignite.

I have open ticket from 3 weeks ago. Was told that they are working on it!!!

Today my modem locked up and had to reboot to get phone and internet back...

They picked the wrong name for this service 😞

archie777
I've Been Here Awhile

I have called my personal concierge and left 3 messages. No return calls.  What a crock of….

• As your Ignite Concierge™, I'm here to help with any questions you might have on your services. Feel free to reach out to me at Tel#: 1-866-299-3622 ext. 2197 and I will be happy to assist.

seadooxp30

@archie777 wrote:

I have called my personal concierge and left 3 messages. No return calls.  What a crock of….

• As your Ignite Concierge™, I'm here to help with any questions you might have on your services. Feel free to reach out to me at Tel#: 1-866-299-3622 ext. 2197 and I will be happy to assist.

Just press 0 to talk to any available agent.

they can all do the same...

archie777
I've Been Here Awhile
Thank you, I've done that. I've had a few phone contacts and a technician come to my home. Still not working as good as cable PCR.
My point is don't send me an email saying you are my personal concierge and never call me back.
To many smoke and mirror results with Ignite.
Don't get me wrong, I like Ignite and hope they get the kinks out of this wonderful system.

Grwebster
I Plan to Stick Around

I never did get a concierge.  Have told a couple of contacts at Rogers, but almost a month now and no concierge.   They must be overwhelmed with demand that they did not expect.  It might be smart to put a moratorium on new connects until you can support properly.

@archie777 wrote:

archie777
I've Been Here Awhile
Ignite has been improving. I called and asked for a discount until I get better results from Ignite. I guess the discount helped as there are improvements.

seadooxp30

@archie777 wrote:
Ignite has been improving. I called and asked for a discount until I get better results from Ignite. I guess the discount helped as there are improvements.

What package are you on? How much discount did they offer you?

Hi,

My internet is in a constant state of disconnecting/reconnecting. Working from home is an absolute nightmare and I need to log in through my cell phone otherwise it hangs with virtually every mouse click or keystroke. When I am connected the speed is fine but drops to zero within a minute as it disconnects.

I haven't called tech support as don't fancy spending an hour on the phone when neither I nor tech support have any idea what is happening. Would like some advice on where to start. Are there logs that can give some insight? Has anyone come across similar issues? I am in a new condo and Ignite was provided free to all residents. Wondering if there are interference issues with other Wifi networks but I don't have an ethernet cable to check.

Thanks.

Hello, @Skeptique

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I can't imagine how frustrating it must be trying to work from home with such an Intermittent connection. =(

We have replied to your Private message and are awaiting your response. We are happy to troubleshoot this for you remotely so you will not need to spend hours on the phone discussing this matter with technical support. We are well equipped to assist you.

We are looking forward to your response so we can start troubleshooting.

RogersTony

Ataylor0412
I've Been Here Awhile

Ignite tv keeps losing signal

I have recently had one of the ignite boxes replaced. The new one now is having problems . It constantly loses signal. The screen goes black and then my tv shows no signal found.

Did you set it up? Or did a rogers rep?

If you have the pods up, there are multiple access points in the house.
I am wondering if it has connected to one of the further away ones?

Might need to re run the wifi connectivity, to change where its connected to.

We Want Your Opinion
Would you be interested in becoming a Community Testing Lab member?
Topic Stats