cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite TV DVR - Set to record just NEW but records all Reruns

Mel93
I've Been Around

It's really annoying that when you record all new episodes one show at 9pm, it records ALL NEW episodes of the show at all different times, not just the one at 9pm. So this means I get multiple recordings including "new episodes" that are actually old episodes. Also, if you record a show, it also records others even if the name isn't exactly the same, and also at different times. The guide seems to think that some previous episodes of previous seasons are "new episodes". I miss the Nextbox where you could just record that one show at that one time and not recordings from other times during the day. Is there any way around this??????????

***Added Labels***

38 REPLIES 38

Re: Ignite TV DVR - Set to record just NEW but records all Reruns

golferwayne
I've Been Here Awhile

I've continued experimenting with the Ignite TV Guide and recording functions.  I stumbled on a feature/option in Setup, available from ROGERS button.  There is an option to set "LABS" on/off.  I set it on, and I'm now able to select "only channel xxx" and I believe a few other features I've not seen before.  This seems to have resolved my issue of getting multiple versions of a program, especially for those on other channels. 

Having said this, I'll admit that in some cases you just get worn down trying to ensure you get the programs you want recorded. 

All in, I would say that about one month into ignite after 4 years with Fibe, I'm happy with the switch.  The price Rogers is offering Ignite at, while Bell continues it's push to $200+ per customer, is a good way to get new customers.  I'm sure with time they will create a more reliable and usable feature set than is available currently.  Just don't go overboard on features.  One exception is please bring on Amazon Prime.

PS:  My wife is happy to just use the voice input.  She, and I, are having challenges converting to the new channel numbers.

Charles1234
I Plan to Stick Around
Is there any remedy to this? I’ve had ignite tv since Nov 10 and it’s worked quite well but noticed the other day my future recordings are all messed up. Example being setup to record new episodes of COPS on PAR only but there’s about 40 episodes set to record, same goes with other shows. Pretty frustrating and really the only issue I’ve had with the service so far.

yyz64
I Plan to Stick Around

I had this problem with 1 show so far American Pickers on HISTORY . Deleted the whole series and redid it, the problem hasn't come back (yet)

When I had my NEXTBOX the TV Guide would identify NEW SHOWS and NEW EPISODES is there any plan to do the

same with the IGNITE TV GUIDE.

Problem has been brought to light before and is not a Ignite TV problem. This should be addressed to the networks providing the shows.

See here: https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Ignite-TV/Ignite-TV-DVR-Set-to-record-just-NEW-but-records-all...

Sylviat1...that would be nice.

When I had my NEXTBOX the TV Guide would identify NEW SHOWS and NEW SERIES is there any plan to do the
same with the IGNITE TV GUIDE.

When you pull up the TV GUIDE and you see the full PAGE the NEW SERIES and NEW SHOWS are not identified

by just looking at the full TV GUIDE screen, it there a plan to change this as with my NEXTBOX is was easy to

see if there was a NEW SERIES or a NEW EPISODE of a show as it was identified on the full TV GUIDE SCREEN.

lloydnina
I've Been Here Awhile

Way to go removing the “this time slot only” option. I always regret sticking with them... i thought things would be better with the ignite, but ofcourse not! They fix some then mess up new ones!

RDC67
I've Been Here Awhile

for past couple of weeks, when I scheduled the recoding of a series, new only, it records the same episode from several different stations on different days.  Ex MacGyver is recorded Friday evening, then 2 more on Saturday.  Did not do this before.  suggestions?

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@RDC67 wrote:

for past couple of weeks, when I scheduled the recoding of a series, new only, it records the same episode from several different stations on different days.  Ex MacGyver is recorded Friday evening, then 2 more on Saturday.  Did not do this before.  suggestions?

I'm not sure what could be happening.  Do both the first airing and the subsequent broadcasts of this week's episode show up in your Scheduled recordings?  If so, do all of these airings show up as "New" or show up differently in the Guide?  You can set Ignite to record only new episodes airing only on a specific channel.

I just set Westworld to record (All Episodes, New, on HBO1) and only see new/first airings on HBO1 in my Scheduled recordings.

RDC67
I've Been Here Awhile
My settings are for only new. I have looked to set recordings for specific channel but have not found that option

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@RDC67 wrote:
My settings are for only new. I have looked to set recordings for specific channel but have not found that option

You can do this but if you do not have the option to select a specific channel when modifying the Record Options, you will need to cancel the recording and set it up again as follows:

Go into the Guide and navigate to the episode that you wish to record and the channel that you wish to record it on.  Click the OK/select button, then go to "Record", select "All Episodes",  and from that screen you should have options to record "New episodes only" and you should see your desired channel on the "Channel" line.

RDC67
I've Been Here Awhile
Ok, found how I can select the specific channel so that only new on that channel is recording. Sould be an option from the general seach field showing which channels will broadcast the episodes

ezapper2
I've Been Here Awhile

Biggest Pet Peeve with Ignite TV Recordings

I've had Ignite for over a year now. my biggest pet peeve is the recordings. My recordings are all set to record ONLY NEW however mostly all my shows record repeats... its the most annoying thing ever to have to delete a bunch of repeats.

I know many people on Rogers who complain about the same problem and Rogers Support does nothing about it. I hope this place is the solution to getting this fixed.

Hello @ezapper2,

Thank you for your participation in the community and congrats on your first post! 🙂

We really appreciate the feedback received from our customers as it helps us better understand your needs and allows us an opportunity to implement improvements wherever possible!

Regarding your concern with the Ignite TV recordings, have you had a chance to try the recommendation provided by our Resident Expert @-G- in post #33 of this thread? If possible, please give that a go and let us know if you are satisfied with the results. 

Kind regards,
RogersLaura

ezapper2
I've Been Here Awhile

thats a work around I can try but a bad solution if thats all Rogers is willing to do. In comparison to BELL they have PVR recordings working perfectly and I wouldn't want anything less considering the money I pay.

BLW
I'm Here A Lot
I am having the same issue and hoping there is a way to do this.

stevemac380
I've Been Here Awhile

should give you the time frame you want to record so you don't end up with duplicates

We Want Your Opinion
Would you be interested in becoming a Community Testing Lab member?
Topic Stats