cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite 250u upload speed peaks at ~11 Mbps

TheDogFather
I've Been Here Awhile

I signed up for the Ignite 250u tier yesterday and it was instanned today. I am very pleased with the punctuality of the installer and the ease of installation.

Background:

I'm replacing a TPIA 25/10 Mbps DSL service and my network consists of a 24 port Cisco 2950 1Gbps switch and a Fortinet Fortigate 60D-POE Router/Firewall. The Rogers Modem (CGN3) is in Bridge mode. My Mac Pro is connected via CAT 6 at 1 Gbps Full Duplex.

Now to the problem, my download speeds exceed 250 Mbps on nearly every test (see Speet Test results below) I've run but my upload speed seems to top out around 11 Mbps. One of the main reasons I switched was the 20 Mbps upload speed Rogers claims to offer with this tier. I do a lot of remote work and 20 Mbps upload speed would make my work day a lot more enjoyable. 

Speed Test URL: http://speedcheck.rogers.com/en.html

Results: Latency 10 ms - Jitter 4 ms - Download Speed 311.53 Mbps - Upload Speed 10.70 Mbps

I'm wondering if my account may have been incorrectly provisoned. Any ideas?

Thanks,

TheDogFather

***Edited labels***

61 REPLIES 61

Re: Ignite 250u upload speed peaks at ~11 Mbps

Ok, you were seeing higher speeds before.  In that case definitely call tech support to determine if there is a provisioning issue with the modem as its currently set or with the node.  And if that doesn't solve the issue, its time for a tech visit.

I got the Hybrid 150/15 package last November and have never seen upload speeds any faster than 11mbps. Sometimes it has been as low as 9.5mbps. There's definitely a pattern here. My upstream level is just slightly higher than 40dbmv.

golfer999
I've Been Here Awhile

Same here in Ottawa.

Max 11 Mbs on the upload.

the download is great we'll over 300 Mb.

Will call rogers when I have a chance

TheDogFather
I've Been Here Awhile

I just got off the phone with Rogers customer care rep and she confirmed that 10 Mbps was the maximum upload speed available in my area at this time. According to her, Rogers provisions 10 or 20 Mbps upload speeds based on capability of the node.

Cheers!

TheDogFather

View solution in original post

Did the CSR give an estimated date when 20 Mb/s would be available?  And.....sounds like its negotiation time for a reduced rate until it becomes available.