【 If I already have my own unlocked phone, may I use it for the Pay As You Go Plan ??? 】

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

【 If I already have my own unlocked phone, may I use it for the Pay As You Go Plan ??? 】

My 3 years contract with Rogers going to end by the December, I plan to buy a NEXUS 4 and use it for the $75 Pay As You Go Plan

If I can, do I just need to buy a prepaid SIM Card?

Many thanks!!!

****Edited Labels****

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: 【 If I already have my own unlocked phone, may I use it for the Pay As You Go Plan ??? 】

Hello twilisht

Yes you can!. The thing is you wont be able to use data unless you have a pay as you go data plan OR turn data off on the phone & use WifI which is built into the phone.

All you need to do is buy a pre paid sim card & you are set:)
I've Been Around

Re: 【 If I already have my own unlocked phone, may I use it for the Pay As You Go Plan ??? 】

Hi, I already have a Vodaphone sim card from New Zealand which seems to work fine here in Quebec, suince it's picking up the Rogers network. Do I have to change sim card's or can I j=use the one I already have, just register it with Rogers'?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello mpower99

That is not possible UNLESS the sim card is already activated on a line threw vodaphone. You can not register a Vodaphone sim card with Rogers. you will need to buy a Rogers Sim card.