IPhone 5 and 5s sim swop

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

IPhone 5 and 5s sim swop

Hi, I just grabbed a 5s on a second account.  I currently have the 5.  both are locked to Rogers.  The new 5s has a sim with a nnew number applied.  I will be receiving the phone next week.  I did this to help out my Nease who is 18 and is just starting out and does not have credit yet.  thus, I will be swopping my current 5 for the 5s.  do I need to activate the 5s with the new sim card before I swop out the two cards, or, can I just  swop out the two cards then have the new card in the 5 and go ahead and activate?  I hope this makes sense? Also, If I factory reset my 5 then install the new sim, can we activate the second account on the 5.  All advice and help mucho appreciaddo...DrummingMan

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: IPhone 5 and 5s sim swop

Hello DrummingMan

It kinda makes sense so bare with me if i make a mistake. So you have a iPhone 5 and receiving a iPhone 5S correct? You want to keep your sim card but insert your current sim in the 5S and give the iPhone 5 to your niece with the new sim? That should work. All you need to do is insert the sim card to the phone and should work just fine! 🙂
I've Been Here Awhile

OK so if the new sim already has the number then there will be no need to activate by calling Rogers is that correct?  I can just swop sims's and we are both off to the races right?  Why don't I think things can be that easy man LOL!  Cheers...DrummingMan

I've Been Here Awhile

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello DrummingMan

Yes that is correct! The sim card will be already activated for your new line! All you need to do is swop sims and you guys are good to go! 🙂
Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation