IPhone 4S with broken/unresponsive Lock/On-off button

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

IPhone 4S with broken/unresponsive Lock/On-off button

I just brought in my Apple IPhone 4S to my local Rogers store to see if I could fix an issue regarding the lock button. The lock button within the last day has become unresponsive and no longer works as it should. The phone was purchased September 25 2012, and is therefore beyond the 1 year warranty mark. 

They said that they would mail it away anyways with my paperwork saying that it was only activated on October 17 2012 (within 1 year). 

They said I will be charged a 35$ fee just to look at the phone. 

I am going into a bit of a freak out regarding my phone and whether or not they're just going to send it back and say that its not fixable. As well, In reading some other online posts I have found that people have been saying this fix is charging $199.00 through Apple genius bars. I am wonderng if this is the same case for repairs to Rogers. 

Also I am wondering what the likelihood of repairs are or if they will simply charged me a whole bunch of money for a new phone. Unfortunately the gentleman att he local store was not very informative and I dubly handed over my phone and let the process begin and I am now regrettign my decision as I feel I was not fully informed. 

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: IPhone 4S with broken/unresponsive Lock/On-off button

Hello kierstinarmitag

Usually it should be within 14 business days (2 weeks) but sometimes it does take longer if there is holidays and such.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello kierstinarmitag

Well it all depends. Rogers sends the phones into Flextronics. This is the warehouse in which techs fix & repair phones. If they see your device is phisical damage & passed its warranty, they will give you a option. Either pay to get it fixed OR keep it the way it is. Rogers charges you a bit more then the Apple store due that the techs get paid differently.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Alright, thank you for the information. do you know anything about the typical amount of time is takes rogers to get back to you about whether repair is needed etc? This loaner phone is really awful and eagerly waiting to get my phone back, even if the button doesnt work !

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello kierstinarmitag

Usually it should be within 14 business days (2 weeks) but sometimes it does take longer if there is holidays and such.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

okay great, and sorry one last question, is that 14 business day total or just 14 business days until they give me an update on what needs to/can be done?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello kierstinarmitag

That is in total but sometime it may be longer