IPV^ day 2012

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

IPV^ day 2012

It is only 6 weeks to World IPV6 day on June 6th 2012.    Does Rogers intend to offer IPV6, beta or real, tunneled or native in 2012?    Some time ago there was a note saying that you were working on it but silence since then.

For myself I am running a 3rd party tunnel but I have a V6 compatible router sitting behind a 3825 in bridge mode so all I need to be a happy camper is a prefix ( a /64, don't have any use for subnets so I don't need a /56) and for Rogers to have their main DNS supply AAAA records.

I realize that most people with a 3825 would need a reflash to enable V6.

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: IPV^ day 2012

Rogers did participate in last years intial worldwide test.. havent heard about this year yet though

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

hate to break it to you but world ipv6 day WAS on june 6 2011, LAST YEAR

I Plan to Stick Around

Gentlemen,  THE world IPv6 day is this June when many sites will turn on V6 and leave it on, unlike last year.

But really my question was  when are Rogers going to turn on V6 for mcustomers?   That is, to offer a V6 eddress and prefix and to add V6 capability to the Home gateways?  Plus all the back end stuff with DNS etc.

I for one would even PAY a bit more for my internet service with V6 capability.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Again I myself have not heard anything... it may come down to weither they beleive their network is ready or not for it.. obviously as there is a little more that has to happen on the back end.. that places are starting on june 6th, doesnt mean that EVERYONE will at that point.

I would guess.. until/when EVERYTHING is switched over to it, that yes likely they would charge for you to have it.

I Plan to Stick Around

Thank you.  I'll ask every few months until  it happens! 

I'm a Senior Advisor

@Pauly

Maybe you are not as well informed as you think you are!

http://www.worldipv6launch.org/

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: IPV6 day 2012

2 things i wanna mention:

first, the topic should be ipv6 day 2012, but it was a typo and it reads ipv^ day.  incase this is confusing to any one.  i corrected it in my post but it may have to be edited in the ops original post for other users to be aware.

secondly, http://ipv6.rogers.com/  clearly states ipv6 day was last year. im not making it up, there was a dozzen posts on here everyone was talking about it, even the mods.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Yup, there was an IPV6 day in 2011 and no one is denying that but there is another one in 2012! I'm not making that up either! 

I Plan to Stick Around

I am quite happy to edit my typo as the OP on this thread...I cannot find an ything that lets me edit it.