cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPHONE 4 SHIPMENTS STORE STOCK

Millieniumman
I Plan to Stick Around

Well people like everyone out there I am looking for an Iphone 4,   I have call Rogers Stores and 2 of them place me on a long waitng list , 1 store told me that they there looking about a month until they receive new shipment. Today I went to an Apple Store and they told me 2 wks for there stock to come in.  But an insdie tip from a Rogers Customer Rep " They are having alot of calls  that the Iphone 4 is dropping calls even with the case, so could that be a reason why Rogers isn't rushing to get alot of stock????????????     I think I might just get Iphone 3gs       , but I heard in Jan 2011 Apple Iphone 5  will be hitting the market. Sompeople give me some advice here do you think I should get the Iphone 3gs or wait afew months for the Iphone 4? I liie the phone becasue of the Video calling but when you think about if your friends dont have the phone you can't see them....

Millieniumman

***edited labels***

34 REPLIES 34

Re: IPHONE 4 SHIPMENTS STORE STOCK

Millieniumman
I Plan to Stick Around

Well people like everyone out there I am looking for an Iphone 4,   I have call Rogers Stores and 2 of them place me on a long waitng list , 1 store told me that they there looking about a month until they receive new shipment. Today I went to an Apple Store and they told me 2 wks for there stock to come in.  But an insdie tip from a Rogers Customer Rep " They are having alot of calls  that the Iphone 4 is dropping calls even with the case, so could that be a reason why Rogers isn't rushing to get alot of stock????????????     I think I might just get Iphone 3gs       , but I heard in Jan 2011 Apple Iphone 5  will be hitting the market. Sompeople give me some advice here do you think I should get the Iphone 3gs or wait afew months for the Iphone 4? I liie the phone becasue of the Video calling but when you think about if your friends dont have the phone you can't see them....

Millieniumman

Chris
I'm a Senior Advisor

I think the iPhone5 will come out in 1 yr and not in January.. The problem with technology is you can always wait and something better will always come out. I figure in a month or so it will be easy to get any model you want. I was lucky enough to be walking by the Apple store in Ottawa and they had stock for the 16GB iPhone 4's a couple days ago. I didn't even have to wait in a line.

Having owned both phones the 3GS is a nice phone and the iPhone4 is also nice.. The 4 feels faster and the camera has a flash which is nice. But really besides that they are pretty much exactly the same. As for video calling... Well you need to know someone else with an iPhone4 and you both have to be in wifi (unless you jailbreak). So really I don't see myself ever using the video calling. I will however use the flash on the camera...

Chris
I'm a Senior Advisor

I have not had any dropped calls with my iPhone4.. I did have one call take about 15 to 20 seconds to start ringing but besides that no issues.. I can make the bars go down with the death grip or putting my finger over the two antennas but I haven't had any issues with actual calls and such.. I don't have a case as of yet..

RogersErin
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi there Millieniumman,

As RogersKeith mentioned in a previous post, we expect shipments to come in on a weekly basis and will work to get them to our retail locations as quickly as possible. Exact timing will depend on region, but we plan to post inventory updates at the bottom of this RedBoard blog post:

http://redboard.rogers.com/2010/iphone-4-launches-tomorrow-on-rogers/

The forums provide a venue where customers can help each other with technical questions related to our products and services.

We're going to be flexible with this over the first few days as customers get familiar with the community guidelines.

Thanks

rgl168
I Plan to Stick Around

Think about it - if they are going to release iPhone 5 in January, this means that Apple is admitting iPhone 4 has issues.  According to Steve Jobs there is nothing wrong with iPhone 4. 😉

Apple is offering "bumpers" for all their Iph4 to resolve the dropped calls issue. It's my understanding that Rogers is offering these "bumpers" as well. I'm sure every carrier in the world has orders in place for the iph4 and they all seem to be waiting on shipments. Typical of Apple to keep you all waiting LOL.

mtaylor
I Plan to Stick Around

Then I assume the info that Rogers was posting on red board and twitter about stock hitting the stores Friday/Saturday was incorrect?

RogersMary on Twitter yesterday said

Some locations will have limited stock tomorrow/Saturday.

JayC
I Plan to Stick Around

Just got off the phone with my local Rogers Plus. They don't expect any iPhone 4's for a week or two. That's what they say, but that won't stop me from calling everyday Smiley Tongue All the Rogers Plus employees can really do is guess on an arrival date...till they arrive.

RogersErin

@JayC

Here's the latest update from RedBoard @ http://redboard.rogers.com.

UPDATE (August 6, 2010, 8:58 AM 2:45 PM) Rogers is receiving a new shipment of iPhone 4, which will be available in limited supply in some retail locations starting on  Saturday, August 7.  In the meantime, Apple retail stores may have inventory available for both new customers and existing Rogers customers  upgrading to iPhone 4.

Hope that helps!

RogersErin

@ Millieniumman

Here's the latest update from RedBoard @ http://redboard.rogers.com.

UPDATE (August 6, 2010, 8:58 AM 2:45 PM) Rogers is receiving a new shipment of iPhone 4, which will be available in limited supply in some retail locations starting on  Saturday, August 7. In the meantime, Apple retail stores may have inventory available for both new customers and existing Rogers customers  upgrading to iPhone 4.

theLiamM
I Plan to Stick Around
This is BS guys. I called all the local Rogers dealers here in Surrey. 1 says they're not getting any and haven't got any at all (not even last friday) 1 says they're getting 3 but have a 5 page list of people waiting (so they're functionally not getting any), and the rest all say they're not getting any for at least a week or two.

If this was your goal

UPDATE (July 31, 10:18 PM) Rogers is committed to getting an iPhone 4 into the hands of every customer who wants one. We regret to say that for the time being, Rogers retail outlets are sold out of the device. We expect to receive regular shipments of iPhone 4 from Apple over the coming weeks and will update this site once we have more stock.

theLiamM
I Plan to Stick Around
You've failed miserably and pissed off a lot of customers including myself. The local hole in the wall Telus store got 20 on launch day of the 3 local rogers stores one got 7 one got 4 and one got none.

I can't even reliably get to a store early and wait. The chances are too hight that they either won't get any or all the ones they do get will already be spoken for.

This is just pathetic

theLiamM
I Plan to Stick Around

This is BS guys. I called all the local Rogers dealers here in Surrey. 1 says they're not getting any and haven't got any at all (not even last friday) 1 says they're getting 3 but have a 5 page list of people waiting (so they're functionally not getting any), and the rest all say they're not getting any for at least a week or two.

If this was your goal

UPDATE (July 31, 10:18 PM) Rogers is committed to getting an iPhone 4 into the hands of every customer who wants one. We regret to say that for the time being, Rogers retail outlets are sold out of the device. We expect to receive regular shipments of iPhone 4 from Apple over the coming weeks and will update this site once we have more stock.

theLiamM
I Plan to Stick Around

You've failed miserably and . off a lot of customers including myself. The local hole in the wall Telus store got 20 on launch day of the 3 local rogers stores one got 7 one got 4 and one got none.

I can't even reliably get to a store early and wait. The chances are too hight that they either won't get any or all the ones they do get will already be spoken for.

This is just pathetic

JayC
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks! I work tomorrow morning so I doubt I'll be able to get one Smiley Tongue. That is if any of my local Rogers Plus stores will get any in the first place. Oh well I've been waiting for over 2 months to get an iPhone 4, what's another week or two. Patience...

RogersErin

Exact timing will depend on the region, but the latest updates are posted on RedBoard:

http://redboard.rogers.com/2010/iphone-4-launches-tomorrow-on-rogers

UPDATE (August 6, 2010, 8:58 AM 2:45 PM) Rogers is receiving a new shipment of iPhone 4, which will be available in limited supply in some retail locations starting on  Saturday, August 7. In the meantime, Apple retail stores may have inventory available for both new customers and existing Rogers customers upgrading to iPhone 4.

Please keep in mind, the goal of the forums is to provide a venue where customers can help each other with technical questions related to our products and services. We're going to be flexible with this over the first few days as customers learn the community guidelines.

rockpassions
I've Been Here Awhile

there was no shipment, no stores got stock, this is getting ridiculous...

JayC
I Plan to Stick Around

Yeah this is getting annoying, but just have a bit more patience. Eventually we'll all have one. Might just be a week or two. Think positive.

aaronlaity
I Plan to Stick Around
I could be patient if they were being honest with us. They're not.

What annoys me more is that nobody can tell us when new phones are actually coming. I was in Best Buy today and one of their dweebs was able to tell me the precise number of phones that were on a truck and headed for that store (they were all Telus, so that didn't do anything for me). Why can no one at a Rogers store give even the vaguest idea when iPhones may be coming?

JayC
I Plan to Stick Around

True...my local Rogers Plus doesn't have a clue when they will be getting any in. Last time I asked... "Could be end of the month or even next month..." In my case I'm switching from Telus to Rogers and have been without a phone for over 2 months. I've been patient not having a clue when I'll be getting an iPhone. So why stop being patient now.

Besides Rogers can't tell each and everyone of us (on this site) when each of our local stores will be getting stock. That's up to us calling our local store and find out. And if our local store has no idea... well then that's there problem not Roger's as a whole.

For all we know stock did come in today (Sat. Aug. 7) somewhere. We just don't know.

And yes that in its self is bad communication, but hey this is still iPhone launch, just not day 1.

Things will be crazy. Broken communication will happen. Like I've said alot already have patience guys. After all it's just a phone, not medical supplies.

Community Testing Lab

We’ve got an amazing opportunity to test our upcoming Gateway!

Click here to find out more!

Topic Stats