IPAD Account Change(s)

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

IPAD Account Change(s)

I have an IPAD and noticed this am that when I select View Account tab in IPAD is says Service Temporarily Unavailable. Logging online via the Rogers main website shows the account is cancelled but I still have IPAD service. Anyone know whats up? Thanks for any info or help, appreciate it.

***edited labels***

Highlighted
Retired Moderator RogersRavi
Retired Moderator

Re: IPAD Account Change(s)

Were you able to sort this out yet?  Have you tried our chat team about this yet? 

http://www.rogershelp.com/customerserv/cuscare_ECare.php?s=23

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for responding. I contacted a Rogers rep and was able to obtain my new postpaid ipad account number. It shows when logging into myrogers that the old pay in advance ipad account number is cancelled which makes sense due to the switch over in billing systems on the 23 Sept 13. I am now attempting to setup the new account in myrogers but it isn't working. Do I delete my current myrogers profile with the old account number and start from scratch setting up a new myrogers profile with the new account number given to my device?

Here is the original email received fir this Rogers based change:

Dear ,

As part of ongoing improvements to our service, please be advised that on your Rogers Wireless Internet Pay In Advance account will be migrated to a different billing system.

Your account will be moved from prepaid billing to the Rogers postpaid billing platform. You should not experience any disruptions to your wireless internet service as a result of the migration and you will continue to have easy access to your Rogers account through your iPad.

As a gesture of our appreciation, you will receive your first month's wireless internet monthly service fee on your new postpaid billing account, free!1

However, please note the following changes to your account maintenance:

1. You will now receive a monthly paper bill at the address currently associated with your Wireless Internet Pay In Advance account. We recommend that you register for online billing to receive your monthly bill online instead. Once we have migrated your account, you will be able to register for online billing, view your balance and access complete usage details online, by setting up a MyRogers account on www.rogers.com. If you have set up auto-renewal payments on your Wireless Internet Pay In Advance account, we will continue to charge your credit card the same monthly amount for your plan, as well as any additional wireless internet usage over and above your plan allowance. If not, please arrange to pay your monthly bill using one of our accepted payment methods.2 You will receive your first bill within the first two months from the date of your account migration.3

2. There is no commitment period associated with your new postpaid account. Your wireless internet services will continue to be month-to-month and you may cancel your services at any time.

3. Your wireless internet plan and monthly service fee will remain the same. However, any wireless internet usage over and above your plan allowance will be billed to your postpaid account as follows:

• $0.02/MB if you subscribe to the $15 (250MB) plan; or
• $10/GB if you subscribe to the $35 (5GB) plan.
4. You will no longer receive notification on your wireless internet usage, however, you can continue to easily manage your account directly on your iPad within Settings and/or by going to Rogers.com (create a MyRogers account to monitor usage and make plan changes, as needed).

5. If you would like to make any changes to your postpaid account once it has been set up, register online at rogers.com/MyRogers.

All other aspects of your wireless internet service will remain the same. Please see the Rogers Terms of Service previously provided to you and posted at rogers.com/terms for any remedy available to you.

Thanks again for choosing Rogers and enjoy your first month's wireless internet monthly service fee on us!

Please call 1-877-330-1318 for more information about your wireless internet account or if you would like to respond to this notice.

Sincerely,

Rogers Communications
Community Manager
Community Manager

Simply log into your current MyRogers Profile & register the new account. number.

RogersDarrell

I Plan to Stick Around

Tried that a few times during the day and get this: "We are currently experiencing problems accessing your account and therefore cannot complete your request at this time. We apologize for this inconvenience. Please try again later." Happens frequently on the site for some reason. Thanks for the post back. Maybe they haven't finished the switch over completely yet.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You could try calling in or the webchat, they may be able to add it for you from their end.

Rogers Employee grandpajim
Rogers Employee

It is possible that when changes are made to the account the Myrogers or MyAccount will not be available until  after the next billing period.

Help with  MyAccount or MyRogers on Rogers.com
Please use the following  http://www.rogershelp.com/customerserv

I Plan to Stick Around

06honda: Thank you for your post regarding this issue. I've contacted Rogers Customer support several times to find out why I'm now recieving a bill and NO one there could answer my questions. Your first post describes exactly what I'm now experancing. The only thing that I have noticed is I cannot use the "on device" account app in the settings area anymore. I keep getting the message that the service is temporary out of service. I can however see it on the "My Rogers" section of thier Web Site. Why were we not notified of the change?

I Plan to Stick Around

Here is he email I got regarding this change:

As part of ongoing improvements to our service, please be advised that on September 23, 2013 your Rogers Wireless Internet Pay In Advance account will be migrated to a different billing system. 

Your account will be moved from prepaid billing to the Rogers postpaid billing platform. You should not experience any disruptions to your wireless internet service as a result of the migration and you will continue to have easy access to your Rogers account through your iPad. 

As a gesture of our appreciation, you will receive your first month's wireless internet monthly service fee on your new postpaid billing account, free!1 

However, please note the following changes to your account maintenance:

1. You will now receive a monthly paper bill at the address currently associated with your Wireless Internet Pay In Advance account. We recommend that you register for online billing to receive your monthly bill online instead. Once we have migrated your account, you will be able to register for online billing, view your balance and access complete usage details online, by setting up a MyRogers account on www.rogers.com. If you have set up auto-renewal payments on your Wireless Internet Pay In Advance account, we will continue to charge your credit card the same monthly amount for your plan, as well as any additional wireless internet usage over and above your plan allowance. If not, please arrange to pay your monthly bill using one of our accepted payment methods.2You will receive your first bill within the first two months from the date of your account migration.3

2. There is no commitment period associated with your new postpaid account. Your wireless internet services will continue to be month-to-month and you may cancel your services at any time. 

3. Your wireless internet plan and monthly service fee will remain the same. However, any wireless internet usage over and above your plan allowance will be billed to your postpaid account as follows:

• $0.02/MB if you subscribe to the $15 (250MB) plan; or 
• $10/GB if you subscribe to the $35 (5GB) plan.

4. You will no longer receive notification on your wireless internet usage, however, you can continue to easily manage your account directly on your iPad within Settings and/or by going to Rogers.com (create a MyRogers account to monitor usage and make plan changes, as needed). 

5. If you would like to make any changes to your postpaid account once it has been set up, register online at rogers.com/MyRogers.

All other aspects of your wireless internet service will remain the same. Please see the Rogers Terms of Service previously provided to you and posted at rogers.com/terms for any remedy available to you.

Thanks again for choosing Rogers and enjoy your first month's wireless internet monthly service fee on us!

Please call 1-877-330-1318 for more information about your wireless internet account or if you would like to respond to this notice. 

Sincerely, 

Rogers Communications

I will do as suggested by the other poster regarding waiting until the next billing cycle. Maybe it hasn't completely switched over from pay in advance to postpaid totally on the Rogers backend. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for the feedback and info on my post. I will wait until the next bill cycle to see if the online account info is updated and accessible.