IGNITE TV vs CABLE/DIGITAL - IGNITE LOSES

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: IGNITE TV vs CABLE/DIGITAL - IGNITE LOSES

@karlt wrote:

Change has to start somewhere.

Yes.  But just like in politics "change" is seldom for the better. So far all the changes, both in digital and Ignite, have been less content for more money. That's the reason I'm hanging on to VIP before ultimately leaving Rogers altogether. 

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

@OLDYELLR wrote:

But just like in politics "change" is seldom for the better..............................

As the old saying goes.............."Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder". Can only speak for myself and say that so far, I have absolutely no regrets going with Ignite. Is it for everyone - probably not, especially for those who are heavily into streaming services. Could there be some improvements - sure, true of everything. Is everyone always going to be happy with any kind of change - not a chance, fact of life. That applies to anything - not just Rogers.

To re-iterate, here's the downside of this thread, it's heavily weighted to those who have complaints as opposed simply comparing/providing the pros and cons of each service. Like I said, this thread almost caused me to cancel my order for Ignite, something which, knowing what I know now, having experienced it first-hand, I would have regretted. What this thread doesn't include are comments from those who are happy with the service. Only reason I'm here at all is that I accidentally ran across this thread looking for comments about digital vs ignite while I still had a chance to cancel my order.

Have I had any problems - yep, one had to do with a POD acting up so everything was flaky until it was identified (resolution accomplished via a (cell) phone call to Ignite support). Second time was just a matter of resetting the TV

box so it re-connected with the closest POD. For sake of comparison, no different then having to reset my NextBox on occasion except it's a lot faster now and doesn't interrupt anything that you may be recording since that's done in the cloud.

Something else I'm not crazy about is the all or nothing packaging specifically as it applies to the phone service. If internet service is interrupted for whatever reason, you don't have any phone service so having a cell phone is virtually an absolute requirement and is something Roger's really should be more upfront about. For some, it would be a game-changer while for others it's a non-issue.  

In short, Ignite is not for those who are looking strictly for one particular service (i,e, only internet, cable or phone). It then becomes very very expensive for those scenarios. 

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

If I had the chance to cancel Ignite TV, I would do it in a heartbeat.  I find no extra benefit with Ignite, just so many features that are missing that I had with Digital.  I won't even start about the dishonesty about the sound issues on the Cloud recordings.  Once my 2 months free are over, I will be cancelling Rogers as of January 15th.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

@Square wrote:

..............just so many features that are missing that I had with Digital.  I won't even start about the dishonesty about the sound issues on the Cloud recordings.  

1) What features exactly am I missing with Ignite? 

Regarding radio stations - agreed (if that's really important to a person). Regarding "lobby" channel - not applicable if not in a high-rise.  

2) Re: "dishonesty about the sound issues" - refers to what exactly? I have absolutely no issues with the sound.

Here's the problem I have with many posts in this forum - far too general for anyone to know what exactly it's in reference to and more importantly, whether whatever a person is having an issue with would actually apply to them.

Highlighted

1)  Me, not you.

2)  No surround sound on Cloud Recordings.

I get it, you love Ignite, I hate it.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

@Square wrote:

1)  Me, not you.

I get it, you love Ignite, I hate it.

Ok - guess my original question was a little too abstract. What features are "you" missing? Since this is a public forum and Ignite is the same for everyone subscribing to same package - we would all be missing the same features you are - hence the reason for my original question "what features am "I" missing?"

There's a difference between loving something versus "generalities" one way or another. Only fair to everyone reading these threads to know what exactly it is you "hate" so much so that they can come to their own conclusions about features that may or may not be remotely important to them.

Re: SurroundSound and your many posts about the subject of the issues related to SurroundSound and recorded programs in other threads - one sentence stood out to me which was "I'm also surprised that nobody else is complaining, or is Rogers giving them such a discount to say nothing?". For the record, am not paid or in any way compensated for or benefit from my posts in these forums. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Cloud recordings are just stereo?

Highlighted

Yes.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

THAT is a deal-breaker.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I agree 100% that Ignite TV loses when compared to the Nextbox Cable systems. I had Ignite installed on Dec 5th and have had nothing but problems since. I completely regret my decision to make the switch. Total waste of time and money. I have had 2 techs at my home and they have not been able to fix anything. I routinely lose connection to my router and lose everything..internet, home phone..nothing works. I average 25-35 outages a day in a 8 to 12 hour period. I can't watch anything with Ignite. This is totally unacceptable. I would be frustrated with 1 or 2 outages a day let alone an outage every 5-10 minutes like I'm now experiencing. I feel handcuffed.  I think the product is garbage and I wish I could send everything back and go back to my Nextbox system. I have another tech booked for Tues Dec. 17th but I'm not hopeful at all. I have been a Rogers customer since 1989 and I'm currently shopping for alternative providers.