I need help with the DMZ and opening my NAT

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I need help with the DMZ and opening my NAT

I got a new modem/router from rogers within the last week, and when I go into the DMZ and add what i want to add into that it works fine i have no problems adding it to the DMZ. Within a day or a few hours i would say the NAT goes from Open back to moderate. The only way that i can fix this is by resetting my modem/router until it goes back Open. What I am trying to add to the DMZ is a xbox 360.  If anyone can be some assitance i would really appreciate it. If you need more information from me I can get that as well. The modem/router that i have is the new Advanced Wi-fi modem.

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: I need help with the DMZ and opening my NAT

Thats possibly where the issue is comming from.

For the DMZ, you enter an address.  There is not a guarantee that the 360 will always get the same address, and may be falling out of the DMZ then.

You would be best to set the 360 as a STATIC address, then point the DMZ to it.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

First question. Is the 360 set to. Static address?

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

No it is not, it is all automatic

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Thats possibly where the issue is comming from.

For the DMZ, you enter an address.  There is not a guarantee that the 360 will always get the same address, and may be falling out of the DMZ then.

You would be best to set the 360 as a STATIC address, then point the DMZ to it.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Do you know how i would go about changing it from a dynamic ip to a static ip address?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

http://portforward.com/networking/staticip-xbox360.htm

This should show you how to set it.

Just make sure to set the manual address, in the same range of what your others are.

192.168.0.xxx

or 192.168.1.xxx

i would set it a higher number, one that your likey not to have it try auto assign.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Thank you so much for the help! I will give that a try and let you know if i have anymore questions if it for some strange reason doesnt work. Thanks again

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Setting my IP to a static worked for about a day and now its back to the same thing, i just checked the configuration of the router and everything is the same do you have any other suggestions that i can try?

Highlighted
I've Been Around

What is the risk of using my PS4 in DMZ?

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I have mine in DMZ. I honestly haven't seen any trouble but it didn't change my NAT type. I have more luck staying online in "GTA Online" but still have occasional issues not being on a compatible NAT Type when I'm in party chat. Also the lobby I'm in occasionally empties (20 something people leaving at once).
But when My PS4 isn't in DMZ I can't connect with anyone. I end up in a ghost city and I'm the only player and I can't join any jobs.
DMZ mode is supposed to put the device outside the firewall but I'm not sure it does. Seems like it just opens more ports. I'm not an IT tech or anything I'm just sharing my experience with ps4 in DMZ.
Don't forget to set a static IP