I need help with my PUK code!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

I need help with my PUK code!

Hi everyone,

I am having a huge problem with Rogers Technical Support. In January I purchased a pay as you go phone. It is the a256 Samsung Hype. I closed the account in February due to my ex getting access to my phone and using it. I reported the phone lost. They apparently cancelled the account for me. I finally got my phone back about a month ago but it was PIN sim locked. I tried 3 times unsuccessfully to input the pin. Now it says PUK required.

I have called Rogers twice now, they have verified that I was the account owner but apparently cannot give me the PUK number for my sim card on a closed account. Maybe they just wont, do you think I have to ask to speak to a supervisor?

I really need to get the data off the sim card such as text messages, contact list, photo's, etc. Do you know if this data just saves to the phone and if I put in a new sim card would it still be there or is it saved to the sim card?  The phone is a Samsung a256 Hype.

I have looked up and down for a way around this and I dont want to spend a ton of money sending the phone away to hopefully get the data off of it. I know I can access it with the PUK but I can't get it.   Please Rogers support help me!!!!!

Should I get a duly notarized Affidavit of Loss written and signed and send it to you? How do you handle this?

I really need the data in my phone and I know it's in there and just cant get it.

Please any advice is appreciated

-Angela

***Added Labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: I need help with my PUK code!

the problem is that if the account closed, and the sim was deactivated, they can not pull up the puk code.  your better off trying to power it on with no sim, or find a deactivated sim and pop it in the phone and see if you can access your saved content ie photo, message, address book, etc.

btw, didn't someone answer this same very question on another message board called howard foruns for you?

I've Been Around

If your puk code is locked and you dont know what it is, what do you do?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

you call rogers and id yourself, then they give you the puk code

I've Been Around

But which # do you call them at? I couldn't get an office when I tried 😕

Rogers Employee WiseD
Rogers Employee

You will need to speak to Technical Support. The best way to get to them is to call 1-866-931-3282. All you need to explain is that you need the PUK Code for <insert your cellphone number here>. They will provide the code and once entered you can then create a new PIN number for the device.

Cheers!

I've Been Around

I need help with my puk code too.

I have a sidekick and I got a rogers sim card with it I was using it for a while now but accidently locked it last nigt and now i have no clue how to unlock it. Help please.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

customer service might be open today with limited hours, however they can get you a puk code.  puk code has nothing to do with your device, its related to your sim.  so as long as u have the same sim, keep the puk code handy and write it down and keep it in a safe place so u an re-use it if you ever try guessing your sim pin incorrectly again.

hope this helps

I've Been Around

this was soooo helpful thank you so much!! it was so easy too! it took about literally 3 minutes!

I've Been Around

WOW, you saved me, if you weren't there to post that, i would have smashed the phone in anger. XD

Now on PPV
BARE KNUCKLE FC 9: LOBOV VS. KNIGHT 2
LIVE: Saturday, November 16, 2019 9PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $39.99 (HD) | $39.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $39.99
DTV & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship returns with BKFC 9, featuring the rematch of April’s “The Fight of the Year” between former UFC star Artem Lobov and Jason Knight.

Topic Stats