I need help with my PUK code!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: I need help with my PUK code!

Just to add to Pauly, You do NOT need to be the account holder. As long as you are a Level 1 on the account, you are able to get the PUK code if you wish.

Like Pauly said, If you enter it many times, it will disable the Sim & just make it stop working. You will then need to buy a new sim card.

zitadedominicis
I've Been Here Awhile

Yea, you can't fry the sim card unless you put it on the oven lol

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello zitadedominicis

Please stay on-topic here. You can fry the sim card. That is another word carriers and tech savvy use when they don't want to use " distroyed or done". If the PUK code is entered so many times, it will fry the sim to the point the card will not be able to be used. ( Like I said, different wording but same meaning.)

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Actually if you put it in the oven your not frying it, technically you will bake it,  but if you put it in the frying pan with a bit of olive oil and seasoning then yes you can fry it that way too.  so there will be 2 ways to fry it, one with a frying pan and 2 by guessing and entering random numbers when it prompts you for PUK instead of doing the right thing and calling them to retreive it.

As for Who can get the puk, level 1 or level 2, i have no clue about that stuff since i do not work for then, all i know is a parent will just hand their cellphone and plan to their kid without putting their kids name on it, so the kid has no way to make changes to the account nor can call in because they will refuse to talk to someone whos not on the account, it happens way more than u think.