I'm Hearing Closed Captioning On A Few Channels

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

I'm Hearing Closed Captioning On A Few Channels

I just upgraded one of our TV's with the Netbox 3.  I have 2 others that are just TV + Digital converter, so nothing special.

However, one of those TV's just started speaking in closed caption (I think it's CC).  We hear a voice telling us what's happening when none of the actors is speaking (John opens the door).  Only happens on a few channels (channel 8 is one).

And yes, I checked our TV settings - CC is turned OFF.

So, what is this?  And how do we make it stop?

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: I'm Hearing Closed Captioning On A Few Channels

It's described video. It's suposed to be for visually impaired people.

You can check in the settings, by hitting settings, then Audio. There is a described video setting there.

Even though this is off, I have still randomly ran Into channels which have it turned on, likely at the source or Rogers end by accident (pushing out the secondary audio profile rather than the regular).
Sometimes will disappear by a different show, or by the next day.

I've Been Around

If by the TV Digital converter is the Cisco DTA50 digital adapter, you can try this: go to one of the channels with the strange audio, push the LANG button on the remote.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@tallibusy

I did forget to say that, that the basic boxes it is different Smiley Happy  Its still pulling the SAP channel feed, just a different way.

This user did say they were on the NB3 though Smiley Happy