I hate Rogers and never use them anymore

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I hate Rogers and never use them anymore

I used wireless phone service for over 5years. In Oct 2013, I decided to switch to another company from Nov 2013, so I called customer service 30 days in advance. But recently, they keep calling me that I owed their bill for Dec 2013and Jan 2014. I told them I already cancel the service in advance, but they insist there is no record in their database and transfer my bill to Metcredit.
If I don't pay it, it will have impact my credit rating. I am very disappoint with Rogers and will never use their service anymore!

***Edited Labels.***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: I hate Rogers and never use them anymore

Hello skychen

I would highly suggest paying it no matter what the amount is as if it inmapcts your credit, your in a bad spot & your credit rating will ruin.

AS for them doing that. When i call to cancel my service with any company, i make sure i ask them to write a note on the account & give me the interaction number as well. After a few hours or a day, i call back & give them the interaction number so this way i know for sure what i cancel will be cancelled. This isnt the first time i have heard of this. Last month someone else posted the same thing. It seems reps will say yea we will cancel it but never end up doing it for some odd reason but yet they lie. I would ask you to contact Rogers Management or contact Rogers via Facebook & Twitter @RogersHelps to see what they can do. Nothing much can be done as your account it being dealt with the credit company now as well:(

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello skychen

I would highly suggest paying it no matter what the amount is as if it inmapcts your credit, your in a bad spot & your credit rating will ruin.

AS for them doing that. When i call to cancel my service with any company, i make sure i ask them to write a note on the account & give me the interaction number as well. After a few hours or a day, i call back & give them the interaction number so this way i know for sure what i cancel will be cancelled. This isnt the first time i have heard of this. Last month someone else posted the same thing. It seems reps will say yea we will cancel it but never end up doing it for some odd reason but yet they lie. I would ask you to contact Rogers Management or contact Rogers via Facebook & Twitter @RogersHelps to see what they can do. Nothing much can be done as your account it being dealt with the credit company now as well:(

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

While i am not sure if canceling would have the same thing... i am guessing it would?

Would be to make sure, that the account is set up for notification for any account changes.

When ever i make any account changes, i am emailed a thing, with has the ToS, etc, as well as a PDF document with what changes were done.
Though not always easy to read...i have had to call in a few times to get it explained to me... its at least proof of action on the account.

Hopefully a cancel would come through the same way?

Doesnt to much good now in this case... but something to just be aware of, to make sure that a feature like that is on with whatever company chosen to use, so the same thing doesnt happen there.

As well, as what meowmix said 🙂 I call back in usually as well, a few days later just to be sure.  Do this with EVERY company you are with.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you Meowmix!! Next time I will do as you said.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks a lot Gdkitty!
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello skychen

You are welcome!. Do this with every company you want to cancel with. This way you are safe!.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Gdkitty

That is great advice as well!. When you cancel a account & you have notifications set to email you when they make account changes, it should email you as well when you cancel BUT it all depends. Sometimes it won't even email you telling you you cancelled the account. The email is only for credits / discounts or any changes like plans or add-ons for the account.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

it is a great idea assuming your email on the record is accurate; I'd say as long as we are talking wireless all account changes should be reflected by SMS notifications; my guts telling me Rogers might implement that process soon enough
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Smartswine

They won't implement is as remember, you can change phones & lose those text messages & you wont have them backed up unless you back up your phone every single time they send you one.Also if your phone is stolen / broken you wont have those texts anymore. If they do, many may complain about it.

Emails is different as if you delete a email, its in the trash & can move it back into inbox or into another folder. When having them adding your email to their systems, its always best to have the rep make sure the email is correct & have them send you either a blank email or a email from Rogers to see if its the correct email. You can have them tell you the email back to make sure its the correct one as well.
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Hi Skychen

I can definitely see how frustrating this can be, espicially since you were under the impression that all of your services were all taken care of. On the other hand, it would depend on the type of conversation that took place but I can guarentee that Rogers would not have left your account active on purpose. This would in general appear as a bad practice and cause more customer dis-satisfaction and revenue loss than there ever would be to gain.

On the other hand, on many of these cancellation requests they have been known to offer other means to stop your services with Rogers. These options include a transfer of responcibility (TOR) to another individual, essentially making them finacially responcible for those services rather than yourself. A common issue is that as a customer, you may have told them that you would think about it as an option, which would prevent them from applying the cancellation request.

To be honest, it does depend on the actual conversation as well as the notation on the account. It is good practice to request the ID of the conversation for easy location/access of future calls. My recommendation would be to contact their customer care department, have them review the notation of the conversation and to go forward from there.

As frustrating as this may be, and as upset as I can imagine you are, it's best to be as calm about the issue when talking to them as you can be. You'll catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

Hope This Helps. 🙂