I cannot win. I just basically got ripped off for a Nexus 6...

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nexxusty
I Plan to Stick Around

I cannot win. I just basically got ripped off for a Nexus 6...

I just bought an International version of a Nexus 6 without knowing. The person I bought it from did not tell me.

This phone won't work will all LTE bands here will it?

Do I have to sell this thing immediately? I won't use a phone that doesn't have full LTE support. Not even for a second.

So angry with myself right now. I feel like a complete failure..... 😞

***Edited Labels***

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: I cannot win. I just basically got ripped off for a Nexus 6...

Hello nexxusty

From what i know international models don't use the same frequencies as Rogers does. Have u added the APN correctly? Have u searched the Model number and check what frequencies it uses and match it with Rogers?. If it does not match then yes you would have to sell it and whatever you get, u add it towards another one.

Another tip I would suggest. Before you buy something like a device, always go to a carriers store and have them check if it's been reported lost or stolen or u can have them check if it works with Rogers. If the seller does not want to do that. Get a sim card and insert it into the device and see if it works and gives u LTE and other features. That is what i do.

Never call your self a failure.  You made a simple mistake we all have done at once. Next time just take my advice and u won't have this problem. Just try and sell it and see what u can get and get a Nexus 6 that will work with Rogers! 

nexxusty
I Plan to Stick Around

It's missing the LTE 4 band.. it doesn't have complete LTE support. It supports:

LTE 700 / 800 / 850 / 900 / 1800 / 2100 / 2600 / TD-LTE 2500 - XT1100
(Bands 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 9, 19, 20, 28, 41)

No 1700mhz. So it's useless to me I guess. I haven't been this upset in a very long time.

I guess I was never meant to own a Nexus 6. Shame too because I like it a lot. I refuse to use it if it's crippled though. Even if it worked fine where I live and frequent it would be in the back of my head that some places won't work and I cannot live with that.

Thanks for the reply though.
nexxusty
I Plan to Stick Around

Ugh it's missing the LTE 17 band too. From what I can gather Rogers uses 4, 7, and 17. I have 7 only.

Great. I don't have a Nano SIM either. Doesn't matter. This phone is a paperweight to me now. I'm getting rid of it immediately.

Thanks for the reply man.
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello nexxusty

Try selling it online and see what u can get for it. I know some may use it on Wind or other carriers and some will want it as its the international model.

Honestly i know you are upset but remember they is way worse things that could happen. I once sold my iPhone 5S and the buyer gave me fake money so I was out $900 in fake money which took 2 months to get real money. .
Either way try to sell it online or try going to a local cellphone shop and see what u can get. Hopefully you can recoup atleast half or most of the money u spent on it and buy a Nexus 6 which works on Rogers.

As i adviced about next time go to ur local Rogers store or have the seller meet u at a mall where u guys can go to a carrier store and check it out. Also i would suggest asking for the model number before meeting up so u can see the specs on it. This way u won't have issues like this. Don't put ur self down and don't think negative because u made a mistake!.  I know u spent alot of money for it but try selling it and getting another one and follow the advice given. This way u will be fine after:)