cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't sign into my CGN3ACSMR Router and Packet Loss Problem

Chambies23
I Plan to Stick Around
So my landlord just recently upgraded out Internet; therefore we got this new router. I'm getting much better download and uploads speeds but I'm getting packet loss on my Xbox. I contacted Microsoft and went through all the steps but I still had this packet loss. So they told me I need to sign into my router and open some ports. When I went to go do, I got denied. I used the proper password and username but no luck. After trying that a couple times I hard reset the router to get it back to factory setting but that still won't work. I'm wondering if there is anything else I can do to sign into my router, or get rid of the darn packet loss.

Thanks for your time,
Ryan
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: I can't sign into my CGN3ACSMR Router and Packet Loss Problem

Hi @Chambies23

Did you use the USB stick to setup your network? If so, it will override the default password.

Try using the "cusadmin" username and for the password enter the same password you use to access your wireless networks.

Also, if you have the Easy Connect software installed try uninstalling it if possible.

If you are still unable to log in, please let us know. I can have our @CommunityHelps team reach out to you so we can factory reset the router from our endSmiley Happy

Hope this helps

RogersAsif

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If the default (cusadmin/password) didnt work.. it may be that it was changed... BUT doing a full factory reset should have re set it.

you held in the reset button for a good 20+ seconds?

(much shorter, may only do a reboot)

Chambies23
I Plan to Stick Around
Thanks for your help,

Yes I held it down for 20seconds. I know that should have reset everything back to default but I still can't get signed in. I have tried doing it wired and wireless but still no luck

Hi @Chambies23

Did you use the USB stick to setup your network? If so, it will override the default password.

Try using the "cusadmin" username and for the password enter the same password you use to access your wireless networks.

Also, if you have the Easy Connect software installed try uninstalling it if possible.

If you are still unable to log in, please let us know. I can have our @CommunityHelps team reach out to you so we can factory reset the router from our endSmiley Happy

Hope this helps

RogersAsif

Chambies23
I Plan to Stick Around
Yes I did use the USB stick to set it up but shouldn't it be reset to the factory setting since I held the reset button down? I'll try it here shortly when I get a chance and I will post back the results.

Great, let the community know how it goes.

And correct, i would assume so. Possibly since the software is installed, it is still overriding even after the factory reset.

Chambies23
I Plan to Stick Around
Ya I did that now and I still can't sign into the router. Can they reset it and forward ports front their end?

Thanks for the update @Chambies23

Internet Technical Support wouldn't be able to set up the ports for you as it is outside their scope of support. Port forwarding is handled by the TechXpert team, which is a subscription/fee based service.

They should be able to change the access password though.

I'll have our @CommunityHelps team reach out to you via Private Message so we can look into your options. Look out for the message in your inbox.

RogersAsif

midhopkins
I've Been Here Awhile

I have the same issue. Using default password following Reset does not work, neither does attempting to connect using my wireless password. 

Just to make sure that the Factory Reset happens, hold down the recessed reset button at the back of the modem for 30 seconds and then release it.  That should ensure that the reset happens.  After the reset try logging into the modem with the default passwords.  If, for some strange reason that does not work, don't fight with it, call tech support and ask the CSR to have a look at what the password is set for.  It would be very unusual if it wasn't the default password, ie. password.  If it turns out to be something strange, ask the CSR to set it to what you would prefer, so that you can log into the modem and set the rest of the modem settings and change the password while you are in there.

Hello @midhopkins,

Great suggestions by Datalink, if you still have difficulty accessing the modem, let us know we can have CommunityHelps contact you to help reset your modem's password, thank you for your patience.

Regards,

RogersMoin

cjclements
I've Been Here Awhile

When I enter 192.168.0.1 in Microsoft Edge the login page doesn't even appear.

Are you able to bring up a command prompt and ping 192.168.0.1?

cjclements
I've Been Here Awhile
Yes I can.

If you have a CGN3ACSMR as seen on the product sticker at the back you can use 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.100.1 if you are connected directly to the modem.  If you have the modem in Bridge mode, followed by a router and then pc/laptop, you can use 192.168.100.1 without any routing rules in the router and without taking your LAN apart to connect directly to the laptop.  The 192.168.100.1 will work thru the router.

After 2 hours playing around with it  cusadmin as user name and MY network password worked !

the only combination i had not thought of , THANKS

cyco
I Plan to Stick Around

Even without using the USB stick, a factory reset will bring you to a special page on the WebUI (192.168.0.1) which will "act" like the USB, by doing through 3 tabs.

And I did find the hard way as well that your cusadmin password gets set to whatever you put as the password of your wireless network in that special page.

If in doubt, factory reset the modem by using the button in the back (holding it 10secs usually does the trick) and then you'll be able to set a brand new wireless/cusadmin password.

If you reset your CGN3ACSMR Router/Modem from Rogers when it comes back up, open a browser and enter 192.168.0.1. Will be taken to the initial wifi configuration site.

Enter the wifi name and password. The password that you use here WILL BE THE SAME that you will need to use to login to configure other services in the modem/router.

Showmilove
I've Been Here Awhile

Yes it now will set as what ever password you set for wifi...which is DIFFERENT than "factory reset" password: password. Someone should update Roger FAQ or something.

PCao
I Plan to Stick Around

I had the same log-in issue. Reading thru this post, I can now log in using 192.168.0.1 > cusadmin/(my wireless network password). Once inside the configuration screen, I can modify the log-in password via Admin > Management tabs. Please note that the username can not be modified, it will remain "cusadmin". I find it extremely weird that the Hitron CGN3ACSMR  gateway log-in would change the default password to the wireless network password, but it would keep the "cusadmin" username and not change it to the wireless SSID name.

gp-se
I'm an Advisor

@PCao

@PCao wrote:

I had the same log-in issue. Reading thru this post, I can now log in using 192.168.0.1 > cusadmin/(my wireless network password). Once inside the configuration screen, I can modify the log-in password via Admin > Management tabs. Please note that the username can not be modified, it will remain "cusadmin". I find it extremely weird that the Hitron CGN3ACSMR  gateway log-in would change the default password to the wireless network password, but it would keep the "cusadmin" username and not change it to the wireless SSID name.

this is normal behavior with the current firmware. The user name is always "cusadmin", and the password at default is the WiFi password, but like you said it can be changed after.

Topic Stats