I am kind of bored with iOS lately. Should I wait for the new iPhone or move to something else?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

I am kind of bored with iOS lately. Should I wait for the new iPhone or move to something else?

Hi there,

I've been an iPhone user since the first day it came out. After a few iterations, I feel the software is getting stale and features don't feel as exciting and revolutionary as they used to.

Have any of you went through this? Moving from iOS to another platform? If so, which one?

Or are you considering a similar move? To which platform?

Thanks!

Marcelo

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: I am kind of bored with iOS lately. Should I wait for the new iPhone or move to something else?

iOS 7 is supposed to be a big change, but time will tell, and who knows when it will be out.

I tried myself to change from iOS to android for phone. And didn't like it. But I LOVE android on my tablet OS.

You really need to sit and try like demos to get the feel of them.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: I am kind of bored with iOS lately. Should I wait for the new iPhone or move to something else?

Sucks that it takes Apple soooo long to get anything done. The expectation based on all the tech sites and forecaster is iPhone 6 wont be announced till june 2014. June 14, 2013 is the magic date. Supposedly that's when apple will announced what product is coming in the fall. MOST LIKELY they presume iOS7 possibly starting with iPhone 5s coming in the fall. There is word from UK that some alleged leak states apple might go straight to iPhone 6 skipping the 5s version (which I think is useless) considering what android has done in the samsung S4 and HTC One. That puts apple in the back of the pack. Now an announcement on a 5s as an affordable cheaper model (dumbed down version) of the iphone 6 might come out with iOS7 which would keep peeps attention for a few months.

So far Samsung S4 and HTC One models are good effort but suffer from poor quality build. In drop tests, slide tests, and water tests, the iphone 5 STILL beats the S4 and HTC One. The android in concept is good. However cheapo manufacturers like the korean giant and Taiwan's HTC is not good thing with lack of support on phones. Already they are having battery issues with the HTC known to "heat" up in long continued heavy use.  

I'm in the same boat. I want to activate a wireless but waiting to see what iPhone has next in iOS 7 and iphone 6. However, I also want to take advantage of any good promos on 6GB price plans coming up which I hope will coincide with the iphone 6. If not I'm afraid to take an android because then I'm stuck with it until I can get a HUP to go to iphone 6 and cancelling means ecf... I dont want to miss out on any price plan promos that include 6GB if the iphone 6 is not released. This sucks!! Apple only comes out with one version a year whilst other manuf comes out with 2 a yr. But the asian manuf dont usually support their products after yr or 2 versions later. Apple supports all versions for yrs.  That makes a huge difference as well... 

I Plan to Stick Around

You can move to other.
Order Now!
UFC 246: McGregor vs. Cerrone Live
LIVE: Saturday, January 18th 10:00 PM ET
Countdown: 9:30 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $64.99 (HD) | $59.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $64.99
Ignite TV customers can order now!
DTV Customers can order as of January 16th

He's back! Irish superstar Conor McGregor makes his return to the Octagon on January 18, and he's kicking off 2020 with a welterweight showdown against the man with the most wins in UFC history, Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone. Returning to action for the first time since October 2018 in the main event of UFC 246, the two-division champion from Dublin known as "The Notorious" one wants to make a statement against Albuquerque action hero Cerrone, who has picked up five post-fight performance bonuses in his last five bouts.

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation