I am having terrible customer service here

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I am having terrible customer service here

Okay, so I renewed my contract and bought a Galaxy S4 last Friday. I called Rogers to activate it, and they said they couldn't do that at the time since something was wrong with my profile. They said it would be fixed in 3 business days. 3 business days later, I called back and they said it would be 7 business days. So, getting tired of waiting for this crap, I called 2 days later and asked what is going on. Now I'm told my sim card has already been used and I can't activate it on the network. The representative told me to go to a store and buy a new one.  I think after all this, I should get a new, free sim card, and at least $50 off my next bill.

- A loyal Rogers customer of over 10 years, seriously considering switching to Telus.

***edited labels***

I'm a Senior Contributor

Re: I am having terrible customer service here

So how much is a NEW Sim card for your phone?

Yea I know, this post is total "Hogwash"
I've Been Here Awhile

It doesn't matter what the cost is of a new sim card. I shouldn't have had to go through this to begin with. Why should I pay for something I didn't mess up?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Servechilled

A Sim card is worth $9.99+ taxes. So a free sim card & a $50 credit on your next bill is asking for to much, don't you think? I can understand them giving u a free sim card but a $50 credit?...

I have been in your situation 3 years ago & the rep was able to credit me the sim card charge on my next invoice. ( I had to pay at the store but the credit would show on my invoice).

Things like this happen with every carrier. Telus has the same issues as well. ( Go read their Facebook page to see).

The Sim card at times can be faulty & show its been used meanwhile it has not. Sim cards are not always perfect.

If you want all that, i suggest contact Rogers & speaking to a Rogers retentions rep & tell them all this. See what they can offer you. That is the only way something cna be offered.

I've Been Here Awhile

The point is, they could have told me I needed a new sim card the first time, instead of making me wait almost a whole week (6 regular human days, not business days) with no service. Time is money.

I was even told the first time I called "there's nothing wrong with your sim card, it's on our end and will be fixed within 3 business days".

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Servechilled

That is correct. They should have told you that but i am guessing they thought it was another issue. They could refund you the 6 days without service ( Small credit will be given).

It could have been on their end, they fixed it but the sim card was the issue. It does happen on every carrier that i know of. Maybe the rep did not know & thought it was their fault. Who knows.

Believe me i know where you are coming from as i was actually twice in your spot. All they did was credit me the sim card amount on my next invoice.

Try calling in to Rogers retentions & see what they can do. Tell them how you are feeling / what is going on. I am sure they can offer you something.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Unfortunately all anyone here can do, is give you the best course of action, your best bet to try, etc..

And tell you how/what the current rules and regulations are (weither we like them or not).

We are all just USERS here as well, we cant do anything to fix it, etc.

I've Been Here Awhile

I see. I was under the impression this is where I could get some answers from a Rogers representative. But I've slept on it, and I think maybe I was acting on impulse, and you're probably right. You understand how frustrating it can get, when you're told something one day, then another thing the next, right?

Thanks for the advice, and I'll take it up with someone over the phone higher up than your standard telephone representative.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Servechilled

Believe me I know. I have had my fair share if fighting and complaints with Rogers because of stuff like this.

When calling in, ask to speak right away with a manager. They should be able to resolve this for u.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Best bet (other than phoning in) when you want to speek to a rep more directly, would be to contact them via facebook/twitter, they will usually repsond personaly to you.

Hopefully when you call in, you can get some form of resolution.  Good luck!