I access my email account from several different devices - how can I sync them?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I access my email account from several different devices - how can I sync them?

I access my email account from several different devices - my home desk computer; our farm laptop and from my tablet. My main access point (through Windows Live Mail) is here at home. If I delete most of the mail that comes in once I'm done with it, all of those deleted items are still there when I open my mail box through the other locations. How can I ensure that changes made when accessing the email from one location are carried through to all locations?

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: I access my email account from several different devices - how can I sync them?

Hello, @tredpath

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Thank you for your post. If you want all your devices to be in sync, you shall use IMAP on all your devices. For the Windows Live Mail, you can follow the steps here to configure. Both POP and IMAP settings can be found here.

If you have further questions, let the Community know. I'll also invite our Resident Expert, @Gdkitty to this conversation.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted

Re: I access my email account from several different devices - how can I sync them?

Hello, @tredpath

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Thank you for your post. If you want all your devices to be in sync, you shall use IMAP on all your devices. For the Windows Live Mail, you can follow the steps here to configure. Both POP and IMAP settings can be found here.

If you have further questions, let the Community know. I'll also invite our Resident Expert, @Gdkitty to this conversation.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Thanks for the advice. I assume that I need to do that for all devices - will do so.

Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Yes all devices @tredpath. Otherwise you'll still have the issue occur even if one device is left with old changes/settings.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Agreed, imap is the way to go 🙂

I have imap set up on my desktop client.. .as well as mobile.. and all stay in sync.  Deleted items will replicate across all of them.
SOMETIMES it will take a bit to catch up the changed.. sometimes will delete on my phone, but when i pick up my ipad, still shows there as new for a second.. but when it syncs it catches up and deletes them there as well.

A side note.. if you are doing it on an iOS device (iphone/ipad) you can set up the mail via using the default ones they give you the option for.
Select YAHOO, and enter in your rogers credentials.  It does all the imap settings for you 🙂

Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

imap = Heart

Just saying.

Pop gettings messy now a days; with so many devices able access the mail server at the same time. 😮

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yeah, used to get some WIERD things too with it.

When i used to have PoP on my iphone before.. when i had the mail app open on it... it would lock when i tried to log into the webmail.. till i closed the mail app

Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Yikes, that seems buggy for sure.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Thanks for the advice.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

OK - we have a consensu!