I-Pad LTE coverage

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I-Pad LTE coverage

Have yet to find signal stronger then 2 bars.

******* Edit labels ********

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: I-Pad LTE coverage

Which location are you in? It all depends on the location as well. IF you read threads on here about LTE phones & LTE bars on the phones you will see that even the LTE phones are getting max 2-3 bars in places.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Toronto/West, Etobicoke/north and south.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

When i go over to my friends place near kiplling subway station (a few blocks away) i only get 1 bar in my LTE phone and ipad. Its just the Rogers towera. Like i said many are having the same issue just with LTE phones
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

In other words, we have been sold something that is not quite completed yet. Reminds me of the miserable service when Rogers first came out with the USB Turbo Stick.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Not really been sold seeing as the iPad is sold from Apple. Rogers just offers the LTE data. They do say that you might not get full signal or straight when on LTE. Everyone with LTE is having those issues. Even people with LTE phones in order for them to make a call or get a call LTE will turn off while you are on a call & go back after the call.

I was using my HTC Raider & i was noticing i got 3 bars on LTE here near scarborough town center but when i go downtown near Eaton center i got around 1-2 max.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

So we agree, at present Rogers LTE sucks?
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

When you least expect it: 4 bars at the bar of the Comfort Inn (no pun intended) on Hwy 27 and Rexdale Blvd. Tells me, that if as and when Rogers puts up enough transmitters it will be a good system.

Almost forgot, Download: 36.98 Mbps. Upload: 29.75 Mbps. Ping: 49ms. Not bad.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

It will be good when Rogers puts up enough transmitters. For now we all have to suffer with 1-2 bars.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Maximum coverage it has ever gotten is 3 bars, in the crowdest area in the city, even inside Rogers Centre (while using smart phone, we find that reception in Rogers Centre has been terrific!). Mine never shows as 4G. When iPad fails to connect to LTE, the signal stuck itself as 3G for hours. I figured out I could disable the signal and turn it back on. Sometimes it works amd gets connected back to a 1-bar LTE. But sometimes, it doesn't work. I'm just experiencing this again. In the last week or two, LTE has gone really really bad that it almost disconnects me to 3G every other hour; 3g but nothing happens, and nothing loads. Reminds meof ipoline Dot com in the 90s which disconnected the Internet every 20 minutes or so. Will Rogers propose a date and let us know when LTE will "really be ready" for wide public to use? Yes, we've been sold for something that are not ready... Or only because the number of LTE users are too little that it doesn't worth Rogers to load up the signals yet? Rogers LTE need to be really great to gain popularity. I personally don't recommend friends to join yet.