I Hate DSL

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I Hate DSL

I bought a cable modem... Hitron modem CGN2 ROG so that I stop using DSL.... But my father won't purchase the ultimate internet service from Rogers.... I am wondering what is the highest discount Rogers can give on internet... with unlimited add on... i know that the unlimited is 30 dollars. aka retentions

plz reply.

MJB

***edited labels***

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: I Hate DSL

Hello MikeJBull

No one here can give you a exact answer. The ONLY ones that can are the Rogers retentions reps. They can tell you what is the max % discount they can give you. Each account is different so this is why. I get a 35% off my internet services with Rogers. Others have lower % discount or higher ones.

Best thing to do is call them & ask them.
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@MikeJBull wrote:

I bought a cable modem... Hitron modem CGN2 ROG so that I stop using DSL.... But my father won't purchase the ultimate internet service from Rogers.... I am wondering what is the highest discount Rogers can give on internet... with unlimited add on... i know that the unlimited is 30 dollars. aka retentions

plz reply.

MJB

Every account will have different maximum available discount. There are many factors contributing to this fact, including number of Rogers services on the account, average monthly bill amount and so on.

Just curious, why would you aim only at the Ultimate package? Rogers recently upgraded all its internet packages and even Express package with unlimited add-on looks very attractive.

I Plan to Stick Around

it's the speed.... the rate at which i can download files! that's the question.... if i can get a deal on the fastest service i can get in london ontario... no ftth yet... btw is the unlimited going to be extended into may? june? july? just wondering

Thx

MJB

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello MikeJBull

All this can be verified with the Rogers retentions rep you speak to. None of us on here are Rogers reps. Its best to call them * see what speeds they can give you & what % discount they give you.

The offer is until the end of this month ( April 30th).. You need to get the unlimited now. Rogers will take down this promotion. They may add it but doubt anytime soon. If you add the unlimited plan now, you will have it on until it gets removed from you or when you cancel the account.

http://www.rogers.com/web/content/unlimitedinternet?cm_sp=internet-_-unlimited-internet-en-0213-_-sl...

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The unlimited was till the end of march original.. then extended to the end of april, for the sign up for it.  But as has been stated.. no guarantee they will do it again, nor will it necessarily be available to add on, after that time.. so better to get it now, rather than later.

As for the speed thing.
Big question, is WHERE are you downloading/connecting/getting things from?

While technicaly faster tiers, will get you 'faster speeds' so to speek... remember, thats an OVEALL potential.. you are not necessarily EVER going to get that, from one source... you are limited by the UPLOAD speeds on those sources, etc.

I am on express (so the 2nd lowest tier), which is still 28mbps... and i have been able to pull multiple torrents, each at running 2.5m/s simultaniously.

Generaly, a the ultimate tier, you would normaly only see a big advantage in a scenario where there are quite a number of people in the same houshold, doing alot of internet traffic.

I Plan to Stick Around

The reason why I wondering if Rogers would give 70% off Ultimate Cable Internet with the 30 dollar addon for unlimited (9999TB). Is the fact that I got an Job... and I usaully download bit torrent and movies off the internet when I was unemployed... Now that my time is gone with employment and the agency (leads, London Ontario) I can't get my downloads done in time since dsl is slow. I already bought a Modem... But my dad refuse's to buy the unlimited ultimate package with 70% for 2 year commitment and time is running out for unlimited bandwidth. I don't want to go back to Usage Based Billing or Slow DSL. Even when I'm making money. Plus the upload is important for me so that I can get my content out on Youtube.com...

Argh!!! Frustrated

MJB