I Am Missing my Favorite Channel Please Help

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: I Am Missing my Favorite Channel Please Help

GDkitty is correct, doesn't matter how many dta's your using (actually hooked up to your tv's).... as soon as Rogers ships/sends/assigns them to you, they are on your account and attached to the ammount of outlets you have.  The typical package is 4 tv outlets, which is the standard amount your allowed in the VIP package.

If you add a 5th outlet, Rogers will typically charge you a 1 time fee of $75, which most reps won't even know what its for.  The $75 is actually for an amplifier that a tech "might" have to install in order to have enough signal to all your tv outlets.  It really doesn't matter if you actually need the amp, or not, theres no way around the $75 as its applied to your account once the 5th outlet is assigned.  Same goes on the flip side, there are many of customers who got a lazy tech out, and probably installed one of those amps when it really wasn't necessary....

Once you've paid your one time fee, I believe your allowed up to 8 outlets before another charge kicks in.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Any chance one of your unused boxes is the one you are looking for.
My dad got one many months ago but only installed it recently when more of his channels started disappearing.
I'm a Senior Advisor

I believe I missed Rogers' initial notifications on channel realignment and the availability of DTAs. I just noticed there was a problem when Speed TV (Channel 55 on basic cable) went missing, so I called Rogers and found out what was going on. Initially they were to send out the DTAs, but I could also pick them up at my local Rogers store, which is what I did.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I've Been Around

Okay, it's Monday, May 6th, 2013 and on my analog, standard definition cable in Cambridge, Ontaro I see a black screen for Spike TV, CNN, AMC and many others channels that are gone without any warning.  It was working last night, less than 12 hours ago and now black or static.  I just went to the 'Request a Digital Adapter' page and entered in my account and got this,

"We're sorry, you are not eligible for DA"

I'm getting sick and tired of this **bleep** Rogers company, I've been a loyal customer for about 30 years now and all I get is less and less service, while my costs go up and up.  I am **bleep** angry about this crap!!!

I'm a Trusted Contributor

CNN, Spike and a few others are missing on both my analog TV and my TV with the HDPVR.

CNN was working fine this morning.
I'm a Senior Advisor

I really wouldn't put too much stock in that "We're sorry, you are not eligible for DA" message. I followed that same link and got that too, but that was after I'd already received 4 DTAs. Your best bet is to call the Rogers 800 number directly. If you're a Rogers customer, you're entitled to see all the basic cable channels on ant TV in your house and all the channels you're subscribed to with a set top box.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@banh wrote:

Okay, it's Monday, May 6th, 2013 and on my analog, standard definition cable in Cambridge, Ontaro I see a black screen for Spike TV, CNN, AMC and many others channels that are gone without any warning.  It was working last night, less than 12 hours ago and now black or static.  I just went to the 'Request a Digital Adapter' page and entered in my account and got this,

"We're sorry, you are not eligible for DA"

I'm getting sick and tired of this **bleep** Rogers company, I've been a loyal customer for about 30 years now and all I get is less and less service, while my costs go up and up.  I am **bleep** angry about this crap!!!

Quite a number of people have been commenting on the DTA error.. people that are eligible.
If you go to a rogers location which has them, or call in, they should be able to set you up.

As for the changes:

- Spike TV was moving to a specialty package. (that and BBC World i beleive).  There was a mailing out about this, and i beilive it was as a notice in the bill.  (though i did not think the move was yet)

- AMC, was announced 2-3 months ago, on your bill, that it was going to be gone from analog by March 25th (if you still had it, the cutt off might have been late then).

- CNN, if as someone else reported, may be having and outage altoegther if its not on digital as well.

Overall, it was announced well over a year and a  half ago, of the evnentual cut off of ALL analog signals.  All off the cut offs, and the dates that they will be disapearing from analog, have been announced on the rogers bill.  Keep an eye out there for any more changes.  They tend to be doing 1-3 a month currently.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

CNN and Spike are now back on all my TV's