I Am Missing my Favorite Channel Please Help

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

I Am Missing my Favorite Channel Please Help

A couple of weeks ago channel 50 (teletoon) turned to static. I have regular analog cable from rogers. It seems like my only option is to buy the $50 digital package but I really do NOT want to do that. Is there I way to get this channel back through subscription or some digital decoder thing so I don't have to pay 50$ per month?

Thanks for your help

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: I Am Missing my Favorite Channel Please Help

I forgot to mention that my friend gets channel 50 but he may not be with rogers.

I'm a Regular

No, they are getting rid of the higher channels, however, some channels were moved to lower numbers, make sure to check each channel that works first.

I've Been Here Awhile

I guess I should switch to bell or something 

Highlighted
I'm a Regular

Digital adapters are available: http://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=DTA_ORDER&_nfls=true&setLanguage=en&_f...

It would bring back the channels they removed.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello tmothy12

Remember tho, you need to return it back to Rogers if you cancel your services as if you do not, they will charge you for it.

In the end if you add this, they will give you back the channels you lost but that is it. You will not get any other channels.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The above users are correct. You can get a free dta which will give the channels back. No need for other plans or a higher end box unless you want it.

And remember switching to any other company, you will need a box on every TV as well

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Gdkitty is correct, simply call them up or visit the store and ask for the DTA-50 adaptor, those channels are transmitted digitally now, so they will return.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@Tmothy12 wrote:

Digital adapters are available: http://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=DTA_ORDER&_nfls=true&setLanguage=en&_f...

It would bring back the channels they removed.

Interesting, but when I entered my account number at that link, it said, "We're sorry, you are not eligible for DA ".

I already have 4 digital adapters (just one installed so far). The standard maximum issue is three, so Rogers had to order the 4th one separately, then cancel the $50 extra charge. I'm just wondering whether the script on that page decides I can't have any more, or what?

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

OldYellr:

Each TV package, has a certain number of 'outlets' assigned to the account.

For each outlet, you can have  a digital box assigned (DA, SD, HD, HDPVR).

Even though you only have one installed.. the 4 adapters would be on the account, therefore taking up those 'outlets'

Likely, the website looks for 'unused' outlets on the account, to be able to order the DTAs.