cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hybrid Fibre 60 vs Ignite 60

Karembou
I've Been Around

Confused Confused Confused ???

Whats the diference between Hybrid vs Ignite? Every once in a while they keep changing the names.

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Hybrid Fibre 60 vs Ignite 60

andy_C
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Hello Karembou, beside the difference with the package name, the contents are different as well.

Hybrid Fibre 60 is grandfathered an no longer avaialable, it includes 120 GB usage per month, up to 60 Mbps download speed and up to 10 Mbps upload speed.

Rogers Ignite 60 includes 200 GB usage permonth, up to 60 Mbps download speed and up to 10 Mbps upload speed.

With respect to internet service, the most important information to focus on is the usage per month and speed.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

andy_C
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Hello Karembou, beside the difference with the package name, the contents are different as well.

Hybrid Fibre 60 is grandfathered an no longer avaialable, it includes 120 GB usage per month, up to 60 Mbps download speed and up to 10 Mbps upload speed.

Rogers Ignite 60 includes 200 GB usage permonth, up to 60 Mbps download speed and up to 10 Mbps upload speed.

With respect to internet service, the most important information to focus on is the usage per month and speed.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@andy_C i correct. 🙂

The SPEED between the two, is identical.  Both down and Up.

Your USAGE goes up to 200 from 120.

The core technology.. a hybrid fiber network, etc.. is all the same.
Local hardware wise.. you COULD use some of the older modems on the hybrid 60 plans.. IF you are on one of these, you MAY have to switch your modem. (but modem rental costs were in the hybrid and the ignite packages anyways).

ADDITIONALLY

The ignite package, gives you TWO subscriptions for free as well.
1)  Shomi
2) Game Center Live
(combined to add these seperately, is about $25)

@Gdkitty wrote:

Local hardware wise.. you COULD use some of the older modems on the hybrid 60 plans.. IF you are on one of these, you MAY have to switch your modem. (but modem rental costs were in the hybrid and the ignite packages anyways).

But if you bought your modem, with the Hybrid Fibre packages, you effectively got a discount since the modem rental was still broken out separately on the bill. That is not true with the Ignite packages... 

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Well yes. That's true, missed that point.

If you bought the modem, on the hybrid plans, you saved $12 / month.
The new ignite plans the modem is built into the total price, not a separate line. So no discount.

For someone renting the modem, that's different. No difference.

jays77
I'm a Trusted Contributor
Keep in mind though that this included modem rental cost is an ongoing cost, unlike owning the modem or Bell's onetime modem rental fee.

JohhnyRockets
I'm a Trusted Contributor

This is a perfect example of Rogers nickle and diming everyone to death. There is no longer any advantage to purchasing your own modem.

While its an ongoing cost... Say comparing to bell.. the rogers pricing structure is almost identical.. and it INCLUDES the modem.

I do agree, that there is really no point to purchasing anymore if someone is switching to the new ones, OR say a new customer.

But in the same way, it leaves NO restrictions for changing plans then either.
New plan out?  Big modem change? (say like with the current ignite), there is no lockdown to "you cant do that with your modem" as its just a swap.

azargar2
I've Been Around
The usage of Hybrid Fibre 60 bumped to 320 GB from 120GB on December 31, 2015 and so Hybrid Fibre with 320GB usage has been available since January 1, 2015. I ask Rogers employee not to mislead people. To see messages about the date of Hybrid Fiber 60 usage bumping from 120GB to 320GB you may go to the following link.
http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/thread-id/2143...

@azargar2

I know it's a typo, but the plan changed in December, 2014. Smiley Wink

I have the grandfathered Hybrid 150 plan and own my CGN3, which is bridged to an Asus RT-AC68U router. I have a 550GB limit with free Texpert support. It's a nice plan price-wise and download speeds are always about 200mbps. The Ignite plans do not interest me at all.

Always remembe to check the DATES of original posts.. the info posted in them MAY be old and outdated.

Usage amounts may have changed since inception on the Hybrid plans.

But they are no longer posted.. only way to continue with them, is to have had them before and grandfathered them.

Any NEW switched, or new customers, will be on the IGNITE.

I had Rogers Hybrid Fibre 60, and I can tell you for a fact it had 270GB. It had a download speed per second of 78 and upload of 11 on average. What I am trying to figure out, and no one on the earth can tell me, is how the heck is Rogers Ignite 500u better than that????? Anyone??

Hey @carolineisWGW!

Welcome to the Community!

The HF60 plan as you had mentioned provided speeds of up to 60Mbps with a usage limit per month.

The Ignite 500 plan provides speeds up to 500Mbps and unlimited usage.

If you're not exceeding the limits of the 60Mbps plan in the home and it's meeting your needs than one isn't necessarily better than the other. From our perspective it's all about tailoring the available plans to a customer's needs rather than what's the "best" as what's "best" is often relative.

@RogersAndy

Topic Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 10 in conversation