Hybrid Fibre 60 Plan bumped to 320GB+TechXpert at no extra charge

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Hybrid Fibre 60 Plan bumped to 320GB+TechXpert at no extra charge

Anyone else discover that their entry level Hybrid Fibre 60 internet plan (120GB at $69.99/mo) has been bumped up to the 320GB cap & TechXpert plan at no extra charge? Thanks Rogers, a pleasant surprise!

***edited labels***

I'm an Advisor

Re: Hybrid Fibre 60 Plan bumped to 320GB+TechXpert at no extra charge

@digital107 wrote:

Anyone else discover that their entry level Hybrid Fibre 60 internet plan (120GB at $69.99/mo) has been bumped up to the 320GB cap & TechXpert plan at no extra charge? Thanks Rogers, a pleasant surprise!

Do you have two or more Rogers services on the same bill?

I'm Here A Lot

Not sure if it's because I have more than one Rogers service. (I've actually got cable, home phone, 2 cell phones and internet)

I'm an Advisor

@digital107 wrote:

Not sure if it's because I have more than one Rogers service. (I've actually got cable, home phone, 2 cell phones and internet)

The policy has been for some number of months now that if you have 3 Rogers services, you can get 200GB + TechXpert for free. I believe you actually had to ask for that plan until somewhat recently, though... but perhaps they are bumping people automatically now.

Now, separately from that, I was told by a rep in customer relations a month ago that customers with only 2 Rogers services are now eligible for the 200GB + TechXpert...

I Plan to Stick Around

You're still missing out. I also got a free netbox for 3 years with the option to own for $1 after the three years. Not sure if that deal is still on but yeah.
I'm an Advisor

@Azuri21 wrote:
You're still missing out. I also got a free netbox for 3 years with the option to own for $1 after the three years. Not sure if that deal is still on but yeah.

That deal is only for new customers (or at least people adding a new service - I got it for adding Rogers Home Phone), I thought?

The 200GB extra is for everyone, or at least everyone who asks, I believe...

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Correct.

The 200g bonus, can be for ANYONE that fits the criteria to get it.

Some other promotions, can often be for NEW additions only, etc.

I Plan to Stick Around

I've been a long time Rogers customer I didn't even know about the offerI went in store to upgrade my old express plan to the new plan and was handed the brand new shrink wrapped netbox. I did not add any services simply upgraded to the new internet plan and modem at the time. (I have since purchased my modem I don't like renting for $12 fee per month)

I did this with in the first month or two of the introduction of the internet plans so that's why I said I'm not certain if it still applies. I was pleasantly surprised as you say these deals are usually for new customers only.
I'm an Advisor

@Azuri21 wrote:
I've been a long time Rogers customer I didn't even know about the offerI went in store to upgrade my old express plan to the new plan and was handed the brand new shrink wrapped netbox. I did not add any services simply upgraded to the new internet plan and modem at the time. (I have since purchased my modem I don't like renting for $12 fee per month)

I did this with in the first month or two of the introduction of the internet plans so that's why I said I'm not certain if it still applies. I was pleasantly surprised as you say these deals are usually for new customers only.

It wouldn't surprise me if the stores were also authorized to offer different deals, etc. Plus I think the computer may have targetted offers - so, the rep goes to process your Internet plan change, and the computer says 'you can offer Mr./Ms. X this promo'

I Plan to Stick Around

Could very well be. I hadn't done any home work regarding offers at the time I was actually in discussions here at the time with other if I should upgrade to the new plan. At the time I had the unlimited internet to my express which was an additional $10 a month I think it was Gdkitty that sold me on the new plans / speed that sold me on the deal. I even asked the clerk a couple of times about the netbox as I was skeptical since all the "bonus" offers are normally for new customers only. I would be curious if anyone else got the offer, I don't recall the exact conversation but I'm pretty sure the clerk said the offer was to all existing customers but had an expiry date. It was a month or so after the new plans launched it was not right away I'd have to check my records for specific date.