cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hybrid Fibre 60 Plan bumped to 320GB+TechXpert at no extra charge

digital107
I'm Here A Lot

Anyone else discover that their entry level Hybrid Fibre 60 internet plan (120GB at $69.99/mo) has been bumped up to the 320GB cap & TechXpert plan at no extra charge? Thanks Rogers, a pleasant surprise!

 

 

***edited labels***

13 REPLIES 13

Re: Hybrid Fibre 60 Plan bumped to 320GB+TechXpert at no extra charge

VivienM
I'm an Advisor

@digital107 wrote:

Anyone else discover that their entry level Hybrid Fibre 60 internet plan (120GB at $69.99/mo) has been bumped up to the 320GB cap & TechXpert plan at no extra charge? Thanks Rogers, a pleasant surprise!


Do you have two or more Rogers services on the same bill?

Re: Hybrid Fibre 60 Plan bumped to 320GB+TechXpert at no extra charge

Not sure if it's because I have more than one Rogers service. (I've actually got cable, home phone, 2 cell phones and internet)

Re: Hybrid Fibre 60 Plan bumped to 320GB+TechXpert at no extra charge


@digital107 wrote:

Not sure if it's because I have more than one Rogers service. (I've actually got cable, home phone, 2 cell phones and internet)


The policy has been for some number of months now that if you have 3 Rogers services, you can get 200GB + TechXpert for free. I believe you actually had to ask for that plan until somewhat recently, though... but perhaps they are bumping people automatically now.

 

Now, separately from that, I was told by a rep in customer relations a month ago that customers with only 2 Rogers services are now eligible for the 200GB + TechXpert...

Re: Hybrid Fibre 60 Plan bumped to 320GB+TechXpert at no extra charge

Azuri21
I Plan to Stick Around
You're still missing out. I also got a free netbox for 3 years with the option to own for $1 after the three years. Not sure if that deal is still on but yeah.

Re: Hybrid Fibre 60 Plan bumped to 320GB+TechXpert at no extra charge


@Azuri21 wrote:
You're still missing out. I also got a free netbox for 3 years with the option to own for $1 after the three years. Not sure if that deal is still on but yeah.

That deal is only for new customers (or at least people adding a new service - I got it for adding Rogers Home Phone), I thought?

 

The 200GB extra is for everyone, or at least everyone who asks, I believe...

Re: Hybrid Fibre 60 Plan bumped to 320GB+TechXpert at no extra charge

Correct.

The 200g bonus, can be for ANYONE that fits the criteria to get it.

Some other promotions, can often be for NEW additions only, etc.

Re: Hybrid Fibre 60 Plan bumped to 320GB+TechXpert at no extra charge

Azuri21
I Plan to Stick Around
I've been a long time Rogers customer I didn't even know about the offerI went in store to upgrade my old express plan to the new plan and was handed the brand new shrink wrapped netbox. I did not add any services simply upgraded to the new internet plan and modem at the time. (I have since purchased my modem I don't like renting for $12 fee per month)

I did this with in the first month or two of the introduction of the internet plans so that's why I said I'm not certain if it still applies. I was pleasantly surprised as you say these deals are usually for new customers only.

Re: Hybrid Fibre 60 Plan bumped to 320GB+TechXpert at no extra charge


@Azuri21 wrote:
I've been a long time Rogers customer I didn't even know about the offerI went in store to upgrade my old express plan to the new plan and was handed the brand new shrink wrapped netbox. I did not add any services simply upgraded to the new internet plan and modem at the time. (I have since purchased my modem I don't like renting for $12 fee per month)

I did this with in the first month or two of the introduction of the internet plans so that's why I said I'm not certain if it still applies. I was pleasantly surprised as you say these deals are usually for new customers only.

It wouldn't surprise me if the stores were also authorized to offer different deals, etc. Plus I think the computer may have targetted offers - so, the rep goes to process your Internet plan change, and the computer says 'you can offer Mr./Ms. X this promo'

Re: Hybrid Fibre 60 Plan bumped to 320GB+TechXpert at no extra charge

Azuri21
I Plan to Stick Around
Could very well be. I hadn't done any home work regarding offers at the time I was actually in discussions here at the time with other if I should upgrade to the new plan. At the time I had the unlimited internet to my express which was an additional $10 a month I think it was Gdkitty that sold me on the new plans / speed that sold me on the deal. I even asked the clerk a couple of times about the netbox as I was skeptical since all the "bonus" offers are normally for new customers only. I would be curious if anyone else got the offer, I don't recall the exact conversation but I'm pretty sure the clerk said the offer was to all existing customers but had an expiry date. It was a month or so after the new plans launched it was not right away I'd have to check my records for specific date.

Re: Hybrid Fibre 60 Plan bumped to 320GB+TechXpert at no extra charge

Azuri21
I Plan to Stick Around
Oh, one thing I should add my account is pretty old I still have the old rewards program called better bundles or something similar which gets me a 12% discount on all my services. I lost the 12% discount on my I internet portion of my bill due to the netbox. Basically I wasn't allowed to "double up" on promotions. The clerk didn't trigger this. This was automated by rogers billing I called for two months and asked why I wasn't getting a discount anymore for my internet. On the first month they actually credited my account on the next month it was explained and they actually credited it again that month but with the explanation no more double dipping on promotions. Still a good deal none the less I still get my 12% discount on my cell, cable and home phone.

Re: Hybrid Fibre 60 Plan bumped to 320GB+TechXpert at no extra charge

jays77
I'm a Trusted Contributor

I kind of wish they would stop all the free-be upgrades for some select customers then maybe they could lower the cost for all instead of increasing package prices two or three times per year. Nothing is free, all customers are subsidizing the giveaways.

Note a new increase in package prices (TV and Internet)take effect 24 January.

Re: Hybrid Fibre 60 Plan bumped to 320GB+TechXpert at no extra charge


@jays77 wrote:

I kind of wish they would stop all the free-be upgrades for some select customers then maybe they could lower the cost for all instead of increasing package prices two or three times per year. Nothing is free, all customers are subsidizing the giveaways.

Note a new increase in package prices (TV and Internet)take effect 24 January.


Yes, but that's how it is in almost every industry - being a good quiet loyal dutiful customer gets you nothing, while all the better deals go to i) new customers, or ii) disruptive customers who get angry and threaten to switch.

Re: Hybrid Fibre 60 Plan bumped to 320GB+TechXpert at no extra charge

jays77
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@VivienM wrote:

@jays77 wrote:

I kind of wish they would stop all the free-be upgrades for some select customers then maybe they could lower the cost for all instead of increasing package prices two or three times per year. Nothing is free, all customers are subsidizing the giveaways.

Note a new increase in package prices (TV and Internet)take effect 24 January.


Yes, but that's how it is in almost every industry - being a good quiet loyal dutiful customer gets you nothing, while all the better deals go to i) new customers, or ii) disruptive customers who get angry and threaten to switch.


Oh I agree with you, but I can dream. Smiley Happy

Topic Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 7188 views
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 in conversation