cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hybrid Fiber 250... so much lag

Redemption
I Plan to Stick Around

So when i first got the Hybrid Fiber 250 like 2 weeks ago everything was fine now every webpage loads slow.   In ventrillo my ping spikes to 300-7000 randomly and i get lots of diconnects(i see clones of my self in vent)   Before i was on the old ultimate package this never happend. Does anyone know whats going on?    I have not made any changes in the past 2 weeks and i dont even use any wifi.  My connection is wired but its so bad.  I cant even finish a speed test/rogers speed test.

My speed test shows  5 ping / 58mbs( . .. 1 week ago it was like 322... not even half of 250 tottally messed up) upload didn't even show and eventually just gets stuck and nothing happens(waited like half an hour once)

rogers speed speed shows 318 mbs(sure doesn't feel like it)  and the upload speed slowly goes down by 0.01 each second and eventually times out there too so i dont even know.   I'm using the new rogers CGN3.   

anything i can do to fix this?

***edited labels***

77 REPLIES 77

Re: Hybrid Fiber 250... so much lag

starblazer
I've Been Here Awhile

Alright guys thanks for the input will just hope in time the speeds will catch up to my package lol

Jelllo
I Plan to Stick Around

I use Easynew unlimited NNTP ($9.95 a month)and can max out my 250 mbit connection at 35 MB per second. (That's Megabytes not megabits)

Jelllo
I Plan to Stick Around

I am assuming you are using a newsreader to connect to giganews? Usually the default in many newsreaders are setup for less than 10 connections at a time which wont give you full speed. Have you tried increasing this to 25 or more? 

Giganews is in the USA but that doesn't matter.