Hybrid 150 still not up to what's promised

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Hybrid 150 still not up to what's promised

Yep, exactly.

karl_kennedy
I Plan to Stick Around

Great. Oh well, I'll get to it soon. 

In the mean time, has anyone else had this issue?? I have had a tech come in and check the lines not only for my cable but to see if it was something in the house or my set-up.

WiFi connection only 15 feet away should not be an issue yet with the CGN3 gateway, it always drops. When I bridge my Apple Airport, I can walk out to the driveway and still get a signal.

Just frustrating knowing I've been paying for almost 2 years for something I am not receiving and everytime I call, Rogers throws it back at me. 

P.S., My last post I typed out a "bad word"" so I got a private message. Sprry to those I may have offended.

karl_kennedy
I Plan to Stick Around

Hello Everyone,

So, I've solved my issue I believe.

I bought a newer Apple Airport and the speeds have been exactly what I paid for , if not better.

Thanks to all that have helped. I'm sure I'll be on here with something else soon. 🙂

View solution in original post

PizzaBear
I Plan to Stick Around

I am glad buying a new airport card helped you achieve higher speeds, probably your older one didn't support the speeds properly.

PizzaBear
I Plan to Stick Around

For those that are using wireless speeds or wired connection behind a router and not getting advertised speeds, there is really a couple things to check which I know will be the cause.

1.) Router, does it support up to the advertised speed?  A lot of router these days require hardware acceleration to be enabled to be able to download at the speed you are paying for. Otherwise you are capped even if you are connected through cat5/cat6 cable.

2.) Wireless, if your wireless card only supports speeds of G, that is at most 54 mbps, Wireless N/AC would be the solution to achieve higher speeds. If you are using the Rogers modem as Gateway, then it will support N and AC (5.0ghz) if you have the AC models. If you are using your own Router, once again ensure it is wireless N/AC Capable and your wireless receiver is also N and above.

3.) Ensure that you are not enabling or using QOS, that would also certainly decrease speeds...

Hopefully it helps anyone else that might check this thead about not acheiving the speeds ( assuming cable modem signals are all fine )