Huge internet issue with latency and jitter, rogers techs unable to help

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Regular

Re: Huge internet issue with latency and jitter, rogers techs unable to help

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Hi there,

I contacted ComunityHelp, and they advised me to post in forums for help.

I recently noticed that im unable to play online games as before, doe to high ping/spikes every night.

I will send you couple of screenshots and hopefully you will be able to help me.

Thanks in advance

http://www.serdarevic.net/screens/firefox_2016-01-22_20-10-05.png

https://www.urimage.link/image/P4IwV
https://www.urimage.link/image/P4K4N
https://www.urimage.link/image/P4QQ0

If you need more info/screen shots please let me know.

Thanks once again!

Highlighted
I'm an Enthusiast

I'm starting to think Rogers dosent support online gaming as well as other isp. In having same issues playing online ,with lots of lag spikes with packet loss

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Reading all the posts in this regard we can conclude only one- they really dont support it 😕

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Internet Speed 70U Slow

Just wondering why since the day I first got internet the speeds are rougly 30-70Kbs when im paying for 70Mbs.

programs that should take 10 minutes are around 6-8 hours.

There is also times during online gaming where my ping which is usually around 60 jumps up to 1000-2500 and makes everything unplayable.

throttling is nothing new for Rogers im just wondering how can I legally only get basically nothing of what I pay for. is there anyway to fix this? calling a technician just makes my internet jump up and work perfectly until a day after they leave.

I've read other threads and nothing helps.

Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

@Chadlyb

You wouldn't be getting throttled on that plan, or any plan really, unless you used your internet excessively and to a point where it affected the service of others in your area.

I'm not a technical guy but it seems like you should be escalating your concerns up the line if a regular technician isn't fixing the issue permanently.

Highlighted
I'm an Enthusiast

Yea somthing had to give man from what I read on here alot of people are having issues when playing online games using Rogers internet, even friends that I know use Rogers also have issues then I have other friends that don't use Rogers. Have no issues at all and we are all playing the Same game at the same time. I'm still waiting on word on my issue. I just hope Rogers would come out and say yea we suck for gaming plain and simple. 

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Akki can you describe your network setup?  Are you using the modem in Bridge mode with a router behind it?  Reason that I ask is that your pingplotter shots show a high jitter or high ping time to the 192.168.1.1 address, which is either a router or modem.  Those ping and jitter numbers don't make sense.  They should be at 1 ms or less for ping time and 0 for jitter.  Was that done via wired or wifi connection?

Can you bring up a command prompt on a wired pc or laptop and run a ping test to the modem:

ping 192.168.1.1 -n 50

Please copy the bottom 10 lines or so including the final stats and paste them into the thread.  I'm curious as to what they will show.  To copy the ping results, right click on the command prompt area, select "Select All".  Then right click on the top title bar and select Edit.... Copy.  Paste into something like notepad so that you can copy the bottom 10 lines of the ping test.  I'd like to see a small portion of the actual ping test to see what it looks like ping to ping. 

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Chadlyb can you have a look at the product sticker at the back of the modem and let me know which model it is.  It will be one of CGN3, CGN3AC, or CGN3ASMR.  Please log into the modem and have a look at the software (firmware) version that is loaded and also include that.  Lastly, can you navigate to the STATUS..... DOCSIS WAN page, copy the downstream and upstream tables and paste them into this thread.  Those are the cable signal levels which might be of interest at this point.