How to upgrade Samsung Galaxy S II LTE to Android 4.0

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

How to upgrade Samsung Galaxy S II LTE to Android 4.0

I heard that Rogers already released the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update to the Samsung Galaxy S ll LTE to Android 4.0. What equipment do I need and how do I update my device to the newest software update?

****Edited Labels****

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: How to upgrade Samsung Galaxy S II LTE to Android 4.0

All you need to do is download Kias on your computer and once its installed, plug ur phone into the computer via USB and open up Kies. Once its open it will detect ur device and show u if u have a update or not.
I've Been Here Awhile

In case you have hard time finding it its kies not kias.

http://www.samsung.com/ca/support/usefulsoftware/KIES/JSP

I Plan to Stick Around

I have the Kies software on my laptop, but I don't have a USB cable to connect my device to my laptop. Does Rogers sell USB cables that are compatiable with my Samsung Galaxy S ll LTE? I just don't want to flash my ROM and void the warranty just to get the Android update. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Yes they do. Every Rogers plus store sells them. A normal micro USB cable will work with the phone. Even a blackberry one. If you want, u can also get a Samsung USB cable from Future Shop or Best Buy and even a cellphone store.
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@Meowmix wrote:
Yes they do. Every Rogers plus store sells them. A normal micro USB cable will work with the phone. Even a blackberry one. If you want, u can also get a Samsung USB cable from Future Shop or Best Buy and even a cellphone store.

As Meomix posted, any normal micro USB cable will do the job. The best place to get them is at a local computer store. They're usually around $10. If you go to Future Shop or Rogers you're looking at spending at least $30 which is just silly.

I Plan to Stick Around

I finally got Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich on my Samsung Galaxy S ll LTE and got my USB cable at a Rogers Plus store for a little over $11. What I have noticed is that the battery drain isn't going down as fast and I use my phone all day and have it set to LTE. Just trying to learn how to use my apps and the Android 4.0 software.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

That is good news to hear!. How are you liking it?
Yea its going to take time to get used to ICS but if you good with Android, you will get used to it soon.
I Plan to Stick Around

I think it is a good upgrade. Pretty fast and responsive. I think that is what Google intended with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich.

I've Been Around

Kies will not work on my computer, it won't even open. Is there another way to install the update?