How to tell if call I want to place is long distance ?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

How to tell if call I want to place is long distance ?

Specifically, I am on a province share everything plan, if I call what looks like a canadian/800 number, how can I tell if it's going to be considered out of province? I mena, other than memorizing all canadian area codes? There should be an easier method, right?

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: How to tell if call I want to place is long distance ?

A toll free # 800 cover LD usage - the only thing that would apply is the air time.  so as long as you have the air time covered then calling a toll free # should not result in any charges - as long as you are IN CANADA when making the call 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted

A toll free # 800 cover LD usage - the only thing that would apply is the air time.  so as long as you have the air time covered then calling a toll free # should not result in any charges - as long as you are IN CANADA when making the call 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thank you, what about 8xx numbers, such as 866?
Highlighted

Any toll free # 866 855 800 888 etc... 

One thing i would like to add is CALLING CARDS - If this is a toll free # being used for a calling card that ROGERS can not garentee that it will cover the LD usage.  so please be mindful of that if the purpose of using the toll free # is for a LD calling card...