cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to sync BB Calendar and Contacts with gmail?

nshay
I've Been Here Awhile

How can I tell my BB 9790 OS 7.1.0.523 to sync calendar and contacts with my gmail account?  I was using Google Sync, but that has now been discontinued by Google.

When I go into BB email setup for the gmail account, and the go to Synchronization Options, it does not list Contacts or Calendar as options.

****Edited Labels****

4 REPLIES 4

Re: How to sync BB Calendar and Contacts with gmail?

RogersDarrell
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi nshay, as Google has discontinued their Google Sync support for BlackBerry you may have to look to other syncing options.

Any members of the Community able to help nshay out here?

RogersDarrell

weird, on my blackberry when i go into e-mail settings, i have the following options available under syncronization: contacts, calender, and deleted items.

maybe check if you have these as well?

nshay
I've Been Here Awhile

Yes that is the weird part and that is the problem.  In email settings - synchronization for my gmail account, I do not have options for calendar or contacts.  The only sync option is for deleted messages.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello all

As RogersDarrell explained. Google Stopped supporting Google Sync on the blackberry. This is why its happening. Many others are having this issue as well. Look on Crackberry & i have seen around hundreds asking what to do.
We Want Your Opinion
Would you be interested in becoming a Community Testing Lab member?
Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation