How to switch devices On the rogers site. from Blackberry Torch 9810 to Iphone 3

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

How to switch devices On the rogers site. from Blackberry Torch 9810 to Iphone 3

So Recently I bought an Iphone 4 From a co-worker. I was told all I needed was a Micro sim to start using it. But I haven't been able to use it since i got the Micro Sim about 4 hours ago. (followed the steps it said online to transfer information). It shows no service-searching. About every few minutes It shows a few bars and when trying to make a call It fails then shows no service.

Is there a way I can change the device on the rogers site or do I need to call tech support/go to a wireless store?

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: How to switch devices On the rogers site. from Blackberry Torch 9810 to Iphone 3

Hello RecklessRancor

Did you activate that sim card on your account? You need to activate it on your account before using it. You need to log into My Rogers - Overview - Change sim. If you did that and it still does not work, call tech support and have them try to activate the sim

Also is this a Rogers iPhone 4 or locked to another carrier?
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: How to switch devices On the rogers site. from Blackberry Torch 9810 to Iphone 3

How do I tell who it is locked to?
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello RecklessRancor

When you bought it from the co-worker, did they tell you if it was locked to a carrier? If not ask them & see what they say