cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to skip un-subscribed channels?

jgloving
I've Been Around

Last year, when I use the remote control to navigate channels, it will only display the channels that I am authorized to watch and skip others.

Yesterday, I noticed that Rogers upgraded its system? Now when I navigate the channels, it will do one by one no matter I am authorized or not. It is very inconvenient!! Too bad!!!!

Is there a way to watch authorized channels only? Does someone have same  problem? Thanks!

***Edited labels***

36 REPLIES 36

Re: How to skip un-subscribed channels?

Any update in regards to this functionality? It has been more than one year since last discussed.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Actually there is, or will be shortly for the nextbox 2 and 3 boxes.
They are in the process of pushing out a new update, and there is a feature which will hide all Unsubscribed. The only thing that should be there then is subscribed ones, and things like pay per view, rod, etc.

Ontario
I Plan to Stick Around

The feature to hide all unsubscribed channels has now been added.  Settings / Channel Setup / Hide Channels - first entry there is now options to hide/show all/unsubscribed channels.  There is a problem however.  All of the On-Demand channels are showing and you cannot even manually hide them anymore.  Dear Rogers, please add the capability to manually hide On-Demand channels.  We would greatly appreciate you adding this capability.  Also, please let us hide the TV call-display channel (975).  For those of us who do not have this, it is not needed and you should allow us to hide it.  Thanks,

dexter394444
I'm Here A Lot

If you simply hide the channels you don't want, Rogers will also display ALL "On Demand" channels (This is a new annoying feature that comes with the latest software update). A better way is to mark all channels you want to see as "Favourites" then use only the Favourites button to dispay your channels, not the Guide button (which will show your channels plus all the "On Demand" ones).

KADC
I Plan to Stick Around

Where do you see channel setup under settings? I have been through the basic and advanced settings countless times and I do not see this option.

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
- George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman (1903) "Maxims for Revolutionists"

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

What people have been explaining here.. where you can hid all unsubsribed.. is a feature of the NEW Guide.

That you are talking about the basic/advanced settings.. i am guessing you have the OLDER style guide.. which this cant be done on.

Is there a way to make it so i only see the channels I subscribe to when I scroll through the guide?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Jeffdstanton

If you have the NextBox 3.0, go into Settings - Channel Setup - Hide Channels - Show all / Hide all options - Hide All Unsubscribed Channels.

There you go! 🙂

Lurker
I'm a Senior Advisor

This also works on the NB 2.0, and the 4625 HD terminal.

kenc
I Plan to Stick Around

I have a 9865HD box, where is the option to Hide All Unsubscribed Channels?

Lurker
I'm a Senior Advisor

@kenc wrote:

I have a 9865HD box, where is the option to Hide All Unsubscribed Channel

In the guide screen, press 'C'.  The scroll to "Subscribed".  Press "OK" (or select or whatever is on the Atlas/Champion remotes.  I use a Harmony, so I don't know what the exact label is) to confirm.

kenc
I Plan to Stick Around

You have decribed the filter function.  I'd like to hide unsubscribed channels.

When hidden a channel is skipped when using channel up/down and it is not displayed in the guide.

I have a 9865HD box, where is the option to Hide All Unsubscribed Channel

I have a 9865HD box, where is the option to Hide All Unsu...

kenc
I Plan to Stick Around

Lurker
I'm a Senior Advisor

@kenc wrote:

You have decribed the filter function.  I'd like to hide unsubscribed channels.

When hidden a channel is skipped when using channel up/down and it is not displayed in the guide.

I have a 9865HD box, where is the option to Hide All Unsubscribed Channels

Why people continue to manually channel surf instead of just (easily) surfing the guide nowadays is beyond me...but anyway...

that functionality doesn't exist anymore.  It was replace with the one-step guide filter.

If you still wish to hide channels, you have to do it manually.  Menu->Channel Setup-> Hide Channels-> then select each channel you wish to hide.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I also don't understand the habit of surfing channels. After all, you've got a PVR and should be watching what you've recorded.  Nevertheless, I do understand that some people do surf, but as mentioned above, surfing the guide is much faster and easier and you can see your unsubscribed channels (in all channels), or select subscribed channels via the filter.

Another option would be to create a list of favourite channels that include almost every channel you would watch, while surfing the guide quickly and easily.  You can cycle through the list of all-channels vs favourite channels by repeatedly pressing the guide button.

I use my list of favourites (about 30 channels) to view the IPG each evening before turning off the PVR for the night.  I review the programming that is coming up 2 days from now on those favourite channels. Previewing the 24 hour timeslot two days out takes me about 10 minutes each night and allows me to set enough recordings to never have to surf or watch live TV.

Settings button does nothing
Community Testing Lab

We’ve got an amazing opportunity to test our upcoming Gateway!

Click here to find out more!

Topic Stats