cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set marketing preferences - cannot locate it on the new myrogers pages

BS
I'm a Senior Advisor

I recently received an email from Rogers for Black Thursday specials.

I just deleted it, but then went looking on myrogers to locate my set preferences which have always been set to not send to me in any method.

I wasn't able to locate it.

I was told by a chat person that no employee can change these settings, that it is available on MyRogers.

I had her try to point out to me where to find it.  I recognize what she was trying to do - she was sending me to the old layout for profile.  Marketing settings do not appear to be there anywhere.

Reading the terms on privacy page 35 of the standard terms.

9. Rogers companies share information with other Rogers companies or their agents and authorized dealers, in order to offer customers products and services that they may find attractive. Notices on sharing information are contained in each company’s application forms, invoices and web sites. If customers do not want to be marketed with these products and services, they can contact Rogers (see How To Contact Rogers below).

10. For FAQs about Rogers Commitment to Privacy, please visit rogers.com/web/content/FAQs-AboutRogers-Commitment-to-Policy.

11. A senior company officer has been appointed as the Privacy Officer at Rogers. The Privacy Officer is accountable for all personal information at Rogers. You may contact the Privacy Officer at:

By Mail: Chief Privacy Officer Rogers Group of Companies 333 Bloor Street East Toronto, Ontario M4W 1G9 12.

Customers that wish to:

obtain more information about Rogers Commitment to Privacy; access, or obtain more information about, their personal information held by Rogers; or make a privacyrelated complaint; may contact a Rogers customer service representative who, if necessary, will refer the customer to the Rogers Privacy Officer.

The chat person could not provide me with any details of how to take care of this, but unfortunately, our chat got disconnected, so thought I would put it here.

Any thoughts.

Bruce

15 REPLIES 15

Re: How to set marketing preferences - cannot locate it on the new myrogers pages

RogersMoin

Hello, @BS

Thank you for your post. I'm also not able to locate the tab for "Update Marketing Permissions". I will pass on this observation to appropriate support group. Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Regards,

RogersMoin 

Re: How to set marketing preferences - cannot locate it on the new myrogers pages

lockdown2341
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Strange. I can tell you that we do have the ability to do a marketing opt-out over the phone. It's supposed to be used only if the customer cannot/will not do it themselves online.  Sounds like that applies to you, my good sir.

It used to be a sub tab, under the PROFILE section..

Which looks like it got an update... but now those settings are missing.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

Yes, the Profile page had a lot of details, including marketing permissions. The new one has almost nothing, just (apparently?) the ability to change your password, security question and add/remove accounts. It needs to put back the way it was.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

BS
I'm a Senior Advisor

Thanks for verifying for me that there doesn't appear to be anywhere to work with a lot of the profile details, in particular.

For those CSR and others who work for Rogers, you will have to do the work for us now that you know it is not available - so not that I don't want to do it on line (I do and have, just wanted to check since I got an unsolicited email), but chat person told me noone can do this action of changing the marketing - she took time and researched it and talked to someone, but then again, she also pointed me to the overview rather than profile, so I guess the people guiding her and the knowledge base isn't up to date.

Oh the life of the new improved, easier to work with my rogers account and billing page.  I am becoming more and more tempted to go paper and just phone in for everything because I can't predict what this page is going to do.

Well  enough ranting, I would rather be complimenting - in my other post, I do compliment the effort to streamline the bill viewing function, but unfortunately found bugs along the way.

Oh well, life goes on.  Think I will watch "hector and the search for happiness".

Bruce Goodnight  everyone - I think I have had enough rogers for a day or two - I just wanted to see if my bill was here yet to see if the mess up earlier this month has been taken care of.  I will just wait until the email notification comes.

Smiley Sad  Hope to move to Smiley Happy after the movie and a nice warm alcoholic drink.

BS
I'm a Senior Advisor

@lockdown2341  Thanks for the update - maybe she was operating on the fact that you are not supposed to do it, unless we won't/can't do it.  My chat unfortunately got dropped in the process.  She was still having me wander the web site looking for the mysterious hidden easter egg that would give me the marketing permissions.

BruceSmiley Indifferent

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
I can't seem to find a way to view/edit my marketing preferences either???

I did request to be removed from ALL the internal do not call/email/text/mail lists a while back (probably over a year ago)

The reason I wanted to double check is because I received a telemarketing call from a third party call centre possibly in India trying to sell me a Rogers Trio package for Internet, TV and Home phone, but I told the gentleman I was on their do not call list and he said "Oh Ok"and ended the call.

I also received bulk addressed admail from Rogers but it does not contain my name, they replaced it with the word "resident" that was when I requested to not be contacted via mail. Is there any way to stop this? I know that all they simply did was remove the personalization on the envelope from my name to "resident" and still send it as bulk? can this bulk be stopped too? those are my 2 questions

Hi Pauly,

We'll have to escalate a case to have you removed from all our marketing lists in this case. Please PM @CommunityHelps and we'll work together to get this done for you.

Thanks!

RogersCorey

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@RogersCorey wrote:

Hi Pauly,

We'll have to escalate a case to have you removed from all our marketing lists in this case. Please PM @CommunityHelps and we'll work together to get this done for you.

Thanks!

RogersCorey

Does everyone who wants their marketing permissions updated have to get it done through CommunityHelps, or will Rogers put that option back in our Profile?

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

djjb1
I've Been Around

I too would like to set my marketing preferences on Rogers.com to control the amount of email I receive. It still does not appear to be on the website. Is ANYONE from Rogers listening???? Almost a year since this thread started. No reason not to give us a link!

We hope to re-add this section online soon so you're able to customize the products you're interested in and the ways in which you're interested in us contacting you. In the meantime, I'd be happy to update your preferences for you.

Please PM us @CommunityHelps for full assistance.

Rogers has obvious chosen to removed this option as a means of circumventing their customers decision to opt out of Rogers solicitations. I am guessing that they will once again solicit all their customers, then simply claim that, "well if you didn't want it, why not simply call us and tell us to stop."  I for one am only one Rogers junk mail away from reporting this practice to the privacy commissioner. Ignorance is no excuse!

BS
I'm a Senior Advisor

I hate to be a nag on this issue, but over one year later since I first posted this concern about marketing preferences, and no shortage of times that others have raised it, nothing has been done to change this and put the feature back on the MyRogers page under profile.

I often get emails now asking if my question has been solved and to mark the solution if done.

This like many others remain unresolved with no solution, except to call in and hopefully get a rep that understands why we are asking them to do it, and can actually find a way to do it.

Just reviewing old posts I started and the status.

Bruce

Robbell
I Plan to Stick Around

Is there any way to opt out of marketing calls from Rogers? I ignored the 1-888-764-3371 number in the past and after recieving an e-mail from Rogers service it turns out they were legitimately trying to contact me to get me to run a virus scan on my computer as I was sending out "Bots."

Now I don't like to ignore that number when it comes up but today it was someone from marketing. A nuisance I don't want to run to the phone for

I thought there used to be a way we could tell Rogers how we want to be contacted and how we don't want to be contacted with offers.

Hello, @Robbell

Thank you for posting your query in the Community. I understand you would like to opt-out from the internal marketing calls. I can help you with the request, please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Topic Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 10 in conversation