How to remove virus-Trojan.GenericKD?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

How to remove virus-Trojan.GenericKD?

Each time I do a system virus scan, i get a message saying there is an infected file in Outlook in my Rogers email account. The virus is Trojan.GenericKD.1947978. I have deleted all junk email and searched for the email that was identified as infected (without success) and rescanned again. The same message and trojan virus is identified every time I undertake a system scan using Rogers Online Protection. How can I get rid of this infected file?

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: How to remove virus-Trojan.GenericKD?

Did you ever stop to think that if other programs do not identify a particular virus, that perhaps it never existed in the first place? ROP does not have a very good reputation and has been known in the past to cause problems, produce false positive results, and is generally not considered to be a very good anti-virus program. Just doing a search on these forums will produce many recommendations that ROP is the last virus protection program you should ever install on your computer. There are many better programs out there including Microsoft Security Essentials. Why not give this a try? 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted

Hello @grobbins , Welcome to Rogers Community Forum!

Sorry to hear about the infection on your PC. It is one of those instances, removing the infected file involves advanced know how. I did research about Trojan.GenericKD, many discussions found and involve complex procedures. Based on your comfort level you can definitely attempt the removal. The other option would be to seek help from an expert. If everything else fails, we have an option of contacting Rogers TechXpert department @1-866-876-8772 which is fee based extended support.

Anyone else in the Community have other idea/suggestion?

Thanks,

RogersMoin

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Have a look at the following page of instructions to remove the trojan:

http://malwaretips.com/blogs/trojan-generickd-removal/

I wouldn't load anything by following the links on that page.  I would instead locate the appropriate file on Kapersky or Malwarebytes for example.

Try this first, download Malwarebytes Anti-malware which is a freebie program and run a scan to see if the trojan is detected and quarantined or removed.

https://www.malwarebytes.org/products/

Next try the Kaspersky product:

http://usa.kaspersky.com/downloads/TDSSKiller

http://download.cnet.com/Kaspersky-TDSSKiller/3000-2239_4-75722087.html

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I tried your suggestions but without success. The scans with the anti-malware and the Kaspersky downloads didn't identify the virus during the scans. after i downloaded the software and completed the scans, I  did another system scan with Rogers online protection ant-virus software. This time the same email file was identified as infected and the threat name is Gen:Variant.Zusy.112895. Any other suggestions?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Did you ever stop to think that if other programs do not identify a particular virus, that perhaps it never existed in the first place? ROP does not have a very good reputation and has been known in the past to cause problems, produce false positive results, and is generally not considered to be a very good anti-virus program. Just doing a search on these forums will produce many recommendations that ROP is the last virus protection program you should ever install on your computer. There are many better programs out there including Microsoft Security Essentials. Why not give this a try? 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

sound advise i suspect. i'll give a better protection plan a try. Thanks

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Rogers Virus scan USED to be a norton varrient.. not sure what it is now.

How WELL it scans? I cant really say.... i just know there are more issues with updating, etc vs the others.

As mentioned, many other do a better job, and are just as free.

Its quite possible, its just a false positive... ALL virus scaners can be prone to it.
EG:  WoW, changes its installer usually every time it does a major update... and AVG is well known to pick it up as a VIRUS.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I followed your advice and scanned using Microsoft Safety Scanner. The scan did not detect any issues. Thank you!

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Smiley Surprised

yes, your computer might be not infected by any Trojan.

I sometimes isntall some kinds of unreliable anti-virus porgrams. However, now I prefer using the manual removal to deal with virus.

Here I would like to recommend this site which provides so many removal details

Click here to check.

Cat Happy

Somehowever the manual removal works.